Case Manager (City of Kingston)
Position Title: Case Manager
Department/Division: Housing & Social Services
Reports to: Ontario Works Supervisor
Number of vacancies: 2
Hours of Work
: 35 hours/week
Rate of Pay
: $29.39 - $36.64/Hour
Under the general direction of the Ontario Works Supervisor(s) provide OW case management duties: including completion of applications, determination of eligibility, continued development of participation agreements consistent with outcome based measures, compliance monitoring and related client service and administrative functions.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively manage and administer caseloads; provide client support, complete applications, determine eligibility and entitlement, complete offsite visits, monitor compliance, and respond to inquiries.
- Develop, maintain and monitor Participation Agreements consistent with outcomes-based measures related to employability and that capitalize on community employment opportunities and initiatives.
- Develop and deliver Employment Assistance program strategies as required, to meet the needs of participants with specific and/or multiple barriers.
- Ensure decisions are compliant with Ontario Works legislation, local policies and other related regulations and directives.
- Contribute to Ontario Works Program performance and outcome targets by organizing, scheduling and completing case management duties and data mapping case activities and outcomes as required.
- Inform participants of the services provided by the Housing & Social Services Department.
- Perform all related administrative functions.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Note: Above duties are representative of a typical position and are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
- 3 year diploma.
- Two (2) years of Human Services case management experience in a complex and fast paced work environment, preferably in a Provincial or Municipal Public service sector.
Human Services is defined as programs or facilities for meeting basic health, welfare, and other needs of a society or group, focusing on prevention and remediation of problems and the overall improvement in quality of life. Case Management includes processes such as: intake and assessment of needs, service planning, service plan implementation, service coordination, monitoring and follow-up, reassessment, case conferencing, crisis intervention, case closure;
Skills, Abilities, & Work Demands
- Preference will be given to those candidates with direct Case Management experience in the Housing and Social Services department.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Works Act and Regulations.
- Knowledge of Municipal Freedom Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) and ability to observe Confidentiality requirements in all applicable matters.
- General knowledge of other related legislation including ODSP Act and regulations.
- Effective interpersonal and dispute resolution skills, ability to manage difficult interviews and de-escalate conflict.
- Effective communication skills both, written and verbal, proficient in mathematics, knowledge of community agencies.
- Effective work management skills including; the ability to undertake multiple tasks, meet deadlines, prioritize work demands and address customer service requests.
- Knowledge and experience working with web based social assistance technology, preferably the Province of Ontario's Social Assistance Management System.
- High proficiency in MS Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel database skills, and keyboarding skills.
- Valid Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s License is preferred.
- Must obtain and maintain a satisfactory criminal record check, including vulnerable sector.
- Must demonstrate Core Competencies: Customer Focus, Teamwork, Results Orientation, Integrity
You can apply for this job on the City of Kingston's website: Case Manager (Up to 2), Regular, Full-time, Job # J0923-0152
This job posting will expire September 28.