Tenant Navigator (County of Simcoe)Tenant Navigator
Permanent – Full Time
Close Date: April 5, 2023
The Tenant Navigator within Simcoe County Housing Corporation (SCHC) will provide support to the most vulnerable tenants in the portfolio, including those who encounter multiple challenges which can create obstacles to maintaining successful tenancies. This position is responsible to make and follow up referrals to community agencies, with an overall objective of improving the quality of life at SCHC properties. This position is also responsible for being a resource to other SCHC team members for suggestions to address challenging situations with the overall intent of building social work strategy capacity within the team. It is recognized that permanent housing can provide stability in peoples' lives however some tenants need additional supports beyond subsidized rent, such as professional social work linkages to specialized agencies and ongoing support, encouragement and coordinated care to the tenant for follow-up.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a progressively responsible, related position.
- Crisis intervention, conflict resolution, mediation and facilitation experience.
- A Social Services Worker Diploma or Social Work degree from an accredited college or university.
- Eligible to obtain a membership in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Service Workers and Social Workers (OCSSWSW) within 90 days.
- A strong knowledge of property management in a Social Housing environment would be an asset.
- A demonstrated understanding of the challenges faced by people living with low-to-moderate incomes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- In depth knowledge of community and social programs such as addiction services, mental health supports and resources for the elderly.
- Ability to exercise a high level of independence and integrity while working in a non-standard work environment.
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation including Residential Tenancies Act, Housing Services Act and associated regulations and privacy legislation.
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s license and ability to travel.
- Criminal reference check with vulnerable sector clearance.
- Bilingualism in English and French is considered an asset.
$69,488.00 - $84,557.00 per annum
If you love to work with genuine, supportive people who are passionate about improving your community, we would love to hear from you. Apply today at https://simcoe.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/2451.
The County of Simcoe thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act (2001) and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
The Corporation of the County of Simcoe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and will provide employment accommodation upon request.