Housing Services Tenant Services Supervisor (Bruce County)
Join our team powered by innovation and shared values where explorers turn obstacles into opportunities and individual challenges into shared solutions. Come join us on roads less travelled and turn your journey into an adventure.
Bruce County, as the Service Manager establishes, administers and funds housing and homeless programs and services. The Housing Services Division manages the administration and directly provides housing supports and services.
$79,134-$93,093 annually, based on a 35 hour work week
Health, Safety & Wellness
- Competitive Extended Health & Dental Plan
- OMERS Pension
- Flexible Working Policies
- Employee Assistance Program, Discounts
- Paid Vacation
About the job
- Health & Safety Program
- Workplace Mental Health Program
- Health & Wellness Committee Activities
Reporting to the Housing Services Manager, the Housing Services Tenant Services Supervisor directly supervises and oversees tenant administration and support services for all Bruce County Housing Corporation units. They support the day-to-day operations of the tenant programs through adherence to the Housing Services Act, 2011 and the Residential Tenancy Act. This role will assist with various aspects of managing a challenging and diverse housing portfolio. This will include direct involvement and oversight of investigations and the resolution of ongoing routine social issues with a focus on early intervention, prevention of escalations and tenancy retention. The Supervisor assists the Manager with special projects and leads research for new policy and procedure development and updates to existing policies and procedures as required.
- Post-Secondary Degree in a Social Sciences from an accredited university
- Five years of front-line experience in a social services environment
- Thorough knowledge of the various community housing programs and legislation including the Housing Services Act and the Residential Tenancy Act, etc.
- Strong understanding of municipal service operation
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships, listen to the needs of various audiences and apply solutions within program guidelines
- Ability to analyze complex situations and make sound recommendations
- Demonstrated appreciation for and dedication to cultural sensitivity
- Clean Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check
- Ability and willingness to travel, including valid driver’s license with a clean abstract
Interested applicants should review the entire job posting at www.brucecounty.on.ca
, and then apply online, following the outlined process. The application deadline is April 5, 2023, at midnight.
Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter M.56.
The Corporation of the County of Bruce is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants in advance, but regret that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.