Senior Construction Project Manager, Technical Services (Housing Services Corporation)
: Full-time, Permanent
: Simcoe County or North of Barrie – Projects will include communities in Northern Ontario
The Housing Services Corporation (HSC) is on a mission to build a strong and financially sustainable affordable social housing sector. Created by the Province of Ontario in 2002, HSC works directly with municipalities and housing providers to deliver business services that help them maintain and regenerate their portfolios, and house people better.
Self-funded, entrepreneurial and ambitious, our small organization has been successful in attracting a dynamic team of bright individuals who are passionate about making a positive social impact. At HSC, we offer our staff the opportunity to contribute to socially responsible initiatives that focus on community building and sustainability. We also continuously work to build a more inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and abilities of our employees.
This role is responsible for implementing capital projects by providing project management services, capital planning and building condition updates for clients who operate social and affordable housing across Ontario. This role assists in the identification, procurement and implementation of capital upgrades, provides technical consulting advice, ensures compliance with legislation and acts as the key liaison between stakeholders to ensure that all aspects of these projects are performed effectively.
- Executes full-cycle project management acting as owner’s agent, develops bid documents, manages procurement process, implements and oversees execution of construction and project close-out, controls and evaluates outcomes
- Provides technical expertise and ensures compliance with appropriate legislation, policies, approved plans, specifications and drawings
- Provides technical advice and support regarding the costing and implementation of capital projects
- Guides clients in the identification of problems and generation of potential solutions
- Authorizes progress payments and oversees project close-out
- Ensures delivery of capital repair projects, retrofit projects, capital plans, building inspections and procurement initiatives on time and on budget
- Conducts site inspections and collects data to prepare field condition reports and long-term capital repair forecasts
- Analyzes and interprets complex data from multiple resources (e.g. maintenance records, Building Condition Assessments (BCA), energy audit reports, historical data) to create an accurate picture of the building and/or portfolio capital needs
- Working with our Business Solutions team, analyzes and provides recommendations on trends, risks and opportunities to assist in the prioritization of capital projects based on available funds
- Leads project teams and maintains positive relationships with all stakeholders, including external clients, contractors and consultants while acting as the building owner’s advocate
- Guides clients in capital planning, procurement of resources, and construction contract management.
Benefits and How to Apply
- Post-Secondary Education in Engineering, Building Science, Facilities or related area
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in capital asset management
- Expert knowledge of Architectural, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical Systems and building envelope (their interaction, life cycle and performance indicators)
- Knowledge of property management, residential maintenance practices and processes. Experience and knowledge about the social housing sector is an asset
- Knowledge of the relevant legislation including the Construction Lien Act, Ontario Building Code, National and Ontario Electrical Code, Ministry of Labour regulations, Fire Code, Ontario Fire Marshals Act, CSA Standards, Residential Tenancies Act (related to maintenance/renovation, buildings systems and capital planning) and the industry standard for steel, concrete, masonry, timber, electrical and mechanical work
- Good understanding of life-cycle costing analysis for capital investments
- Experience with public procurement of goods and services
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Working knowledge of project management methodologies. Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset
- Proven ability to problem solve and resolve conflict
- Sound judgement and critical thinking is required
- Ability to undertake overnight travel
- Valid “G” driver’s license
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
HSC’s head office is in downtown Toronto, the office is friendly, informal, and modern. HSC offers a hybrid work environment that encourages a healthy work-life balance, as well as a compensation package which includes a generous benefits package and a defined benefit OMERS pension plan. This position can be based anywhere in Ontario.
As part of HSC’s COVID-19 response, all job assessments and interviews will be conducted online. All HSC employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the HSC Vaccination Policy.
HSC is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, equitable and accessible environment. If certain accommodations for disabilities are required, please contact email@example.com
and HSC will make all reasonable efforts to support the participation of all candidates.
HSC thanks all those who apply. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about HSC, visit our website at www.hscorp.ca
HSC is located on the traditional territory of the Mississaugas of the New Credit, the Wendat and the Anishnawbe Indigenous peoples.
This posting will expire March 31, 2023