Director of Finance (Community Living Mississauga)Director of Finance
Community Living Mississauga
Apply now: https://www.clmiss.ca/careers/
Deadline: November 30, 2022
Community Living Mississauga has been a source of support for people who have an intellectual disability since 1955. Community Living Mississauga provides a variety of supports and services to people who have an intellectual disability, including: residential supports, employment resources, community engagement, Supported Independent Living, respite, and various day support options. Our mission is to provide support to people to ensure their quality of life in the community is meaningfully improved, promoting inclusion and independence.
For more information about Community Living Mississauga, we invite you to visit our website at www.clmiss.ca
As a member of the senior management team, the Director of Finance is responsible for the overall management of the budget for Community Living Mississauga. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for organizational fiscal responsibility while ensuring compliance with all applicable regional and provincial laws.
- Recommend, develop, implement and administer effective financial systems, policies and procedures
- Manage preparation of forecasts, budgets, performance measures, processes and controls and variance reports
- Analyze financial information – cost analysis, revenue cash flow, salary/FTE and prepare internal and external reporting (reporting to various funding stakeholders)
- Review operations of department and agency to determine recommendations for strategic planning and development
- Manage preparation of all required schedules and documents for annual audit and handle audit inquiries
- Maintain G/L account structure & integrity & updates management of changes
- Internal and external Reporting (reporting to various funding stakeholders)
- Review bi-weekly payroll to ensure correctness and accuracy of information
- Act as liaison with legal and/or Ministry representative as required
- Responsible for quarterly financial and narrative reports for presentation to finance committee
Why Join our Team?
- Holds an accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA or CPA)
- Minimum 5 years of full time progressive work experience in an Accounting Management role
- Experience in the Non-Profit sector an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work both at the operational and strategic level
- Proven leadership experience, managing, coaching and developing people
- Solid experience with systems development, budgeting and control
- Strong understanding of accounting practices, all applicable legislation and applications in accordance with best practices
- High degree of initiative, with proven skills to work with limited direction
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License (Class G or G2); access to a reliable vehicle with insurance
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, non-verbal and written)
- Ability to communicate and interact at all levels in the organization and with ministry officials
- Good presentation and project management skills
- Proficient in PC computer environment, MS Office (Word, advanced Excel, Outlook, etc.), Sage/ACCPAC, Avanti and other software and accounting systems
- Bilingualism in English/French or other language would be considered an asset
Community Living Mississauga is a leader in providing support to people who have an intellectual disability. You will be joining a diverse, inclusive and passionate team of employees who are dedicated to making a meaningful difference in the lives of people. We offer:
- The opportunity to make a meaningful difference in someone’s life.
- On-going learning and career development opportunities.
- Access to exclusive discount offers and savings on entertainment, travel, attractions, shopping, health, wellness, sports and more.
- Membership in a defined contribution pension plan (subject to meeting eligibility requirements).
- Extended Health, Dental and Vision Care.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Flexible schedule.
- Employee Recognition and Rewards Programs.
- Friendly, respectful, supportive and inclusive work environment.
Community Living Mississauga is committed to taking every reasonable precaution to protect employees and
people who receive supports and services. In an effort to protect the wellbeing of our employees and the people we support, full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of all positions at Community Living
Mississauga. You will be required to submit proof of full vaccination.
Community Living Mississauga values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage
applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, including accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained
during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other
purpose. Please apply directly on our website: https://www.clmiss.ca/careers/