Director of People and Culture (Community Living Mississauga)Community Living Mississauga
Apply now: https://www.clmiss.ca/careers/
Deadline: November 30, 2022
Community Living Mississauga has been a source of support for people who have an intellectual disability since 1955. Community Living Mississauga provides a variety of supports and services to people who have an intellectual disability, including: residential supports, employment resources, community engagement, Supported Independent Living, respite, and various day support options. Our mission is to provide support to people to ensure their quality of life in the community is meaningfully improved, promoting inclusion and independence.
For more information about Community Living Mississauga, we invite you to visit our website at www.clmiss.ca
As a member of the senior management team, the Director of People and Culture is responsible for the overall management of the Human Resources Department. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for all initiatives relation to the employee life cycle and assisting to drive a culture that ensures that employees feel empowered, valued and invested in.
- Oversee Human Resources department daily operation, ensuring high quality support is consistently being provided in accordance with agency mission/values
- Liaise with all areas within the organization to provide cohesive and high quality supports.
- Participate with the Senior Management Team in strategically identifying operational trends and respond accordingly
- Communicate and implement Human Resources initiatives and directions to management and employees
- Develop creative talent acquisition, comprehensive onboarding, retention strategies to meet the needs of the organization
- Develop performance management initiatives that drive alignment with talent management practices and organizational goals
- Champion and enhance positive strong team based cultures, assisting employees across the organization to align with organizational values through initiatives and communications that inspire commitment towards the organization’s mission and vision
- Develop strategies to build on employee experience and engagement such as wellness or any other activities that result in a healthy workplace culture
- Implement new and enhance existing employee recognition and reward programs
- Develop and implement strategies that build on and embrace equity, diversity and inclusion within the organization.
- Develop employee development programs including coaching, mentorship and training programs that maximize employee potential and support their career growth
- Recognize and act upon areas to expand or enhance the role of the Human Resources department
- Establish and maintain partnerships as identified by the organization.
- Demonstrate effective use of technology
- Perform other duties as assigned
Why Join our Team?
- A recognized University degree or equivalent and a minimum CHRL designation
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of OHSA, ESA, AODA, WSIB and Human Rights legislation
- A minimum of 7 years of management/supervisory or leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to apply leadership, effective negotiation and delegation skills
- Proven track record of developing high performance cultures and directly contributing to the enhancement of the overall business results
- Must be able to work within a flexible schedule
- Must have a Valid Ontario Driver's License (Class G or G2) and access to a reliable vehicle and Insurance
- Prior experience working within non-profit and unionized environments an asset.
- Fluent in French (or additional second languages) an asset
Community Living Mississauga is a leader in providing support to people who have an intellectual disability. You will be joining a diverse, inclusive and passionate team of employees who are dedicated to making a meaningful difference in the lives of people. We offer:
- The opportunity to make a meaningful difference in someone’s life.
- On-going learning and career development opportunities.
- Access to exclusive discount offers and savings on entertainment, travel, attractions, shopping, health, wellness, sports and more.
- Membership in a defined contribution pension plan (subject to meeting eligibility requirements).
- Extended Health, Dental and Vision Care.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Flexible schedule.
- Employee Recognition and Rewards Programs.
- Friendly, respectful, supportive and inclusive work environment.
Community Living Mississauga is committed to taking every reasonable precaution to protect employees and people who receive supports and services. In an effort to protect the wellbeing of our employees and the people we support, full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of all positions at Community Living Mississauga. You will be required to submit proof of full vaccination.
Community Living Mississauga values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, including accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose. Please apply directly on our website: https://myavanti.ca/JobsAtCLMiss/Job/Details/223