Support Worker - Career Connection (Community Living Mississauga)Community Living Mississauga
Apply now: https://www.clmiss.ca/careers/
Deadline: November 30, 2022
Community Living Mississauga has been a source of support for people who have an intellectual disability since 1955. Community Living Mississauga provides a variety of supports and services to people who have an intellectual disability, including: residential supports, employment resources, community engagement, Supported Independent Living, respite, and various day support options. Our mission is to provide support to people to ensure their quality of life in the community is meaningfully improved, promoting inclusion and independence.
For more information about Community Living Mississauga, we invite you to visit our website at www.clmiss.ca
Career Connection provides support to connect businesses with employment candidates who have an intellectual disability. Working under the guidance of the Manager/Supervisor, this position is responsible for the individualized support of people to find, secure, and maintain competitive employment. Must be available to provide support during the evenings and weekends as needed.
- Work with local employers, non-profit organizations and community partners to promote the Career Connection programs, identify workforce needs and coordinate with the Career Connection Team to address those needs.
- Match people supported with employment and volunteer opportunities within the community.
- Provide on the job supports tailored to the person’s strengths, support requirements and work placement.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with local employers, non-profit organizations and community partners.
- Promote community inclusion, independence and self-determinism for people supported.
- Contribute directly and indirectly to people’s personal support plans.
- Support people to identify work that will help them achieve their employment/volunteering goals/personal outcomes.
- Encourage self-expression of people supported, and utilize knowledge of verbal and nonverbal communications, including alternative communication systems and techniques.
- Work collaboratively with co-workers, people supported and their families to solve problems and resolve conflicts.
- Apply techniques and understand concepts related to non-violent crisis intervention (CPI).
Why Join our Team?
- Developmental Services Worker Diploma (preferred), or Social Services Worker Diploma, Child and Youth Worker Diploma, with a minimum 1 year experience working or volunteering with people who have an intellectual disability.
- Will consider a University degree with a minimum 1 year experience working or volunteering with people who have an intellectual disability.
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s License (Class G or G2); access to a reliable vehicle and car insurance.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, nonverbal, written).
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with families as necessary.
- Proficient in PC computer environment; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and other software.
- Current Standard First Aid / Level A CPR Certificate required.
- Bilingualism in English/French or other language would be considered an asset.
Community Living Mississauga is a leader in providing support to people who have an intellectual disability. You will be joining a diverse, inclusive and passionate team of employees who are dedicated to making a meaningful difference in the lives of people. We offer:
- The opportunity to make a meaningful difference in someone’s life.
- On-going learning and career development opportunities.
- Access to exclusive discount offers and savings on entertainment, travel, attractions, shopping, health, wellness, sports and more.
- Membership in a defined contribution pension plan (subject to meeting eligibility requirements).
- Flexible schedule.
- Extended Health, Dental and Vision Care.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Employee Recognition & Rewards Programs.
- Friendly, respectful, supportive and inclusive work environment.
Community Living Mississauga is committed to taking every reasonable precaution to protect employees and people who receive supports and services. In an effort to protect the wellbeing of our employees and the people we support, full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of all positions at Community Living Mississauga. You will be required to submit proof of full vaccination.
Community Living Mississauga values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, including accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose. Please apply directly on our website: https://myavanti.ca/JobsAtCLMiss/Job/Details/192