Manager I, Homeless Prevention (City of London)Position Type:
Temporary, Full-time up to 1 year
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
Reporting to the Manager III, Homeless Prevention, or designate, the Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of systems and projects that contribute to the reduction and prevention of homelessness in London through an integrated and coordinated homeless management information system. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining partnerships for program and service delivery, and providing liaisons between system partners, relevant sectors and community services.
Works with internal and community based partners to achieve strategic and operational objectives. Manages functions to support these initiatives, including the development of implementation strategies, the collection and synthesis of background research and information, and the analysis of policy and legislative impacts. Responsible for the development of complex strategic planning and policy documents, fund management and reporting.
- A graduate of a University or equivalent degree program in Social Science, Business or Public Administration or other related discipline.
- Five years of management experience in a related field.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Expertise in verbal and written communication, facilitation and presentations.
- A comprehensives analysis of a Housing First approach when responding to individuals and families experiencing homelessness including addictions, mental illness and trauma.
- Current First Aid Certificate; Current CPR Certificate; Class G Driver’s License.
- Provide own vehicle.
- Operate computer terminal and personal computer with appropriate packages.
How to Apply:
- $84,889 to $110,855
- This position is being filled on a temporary basis for up to one year.
For a complete job description and to apply on-line, please visit the City of London website at https://bit.ly/3BpvRC3
Please note following the interview stage, a criminal record check will be required prior to moving to the next stage in the selection process.
Closing Date for Applications: Sunday, October 2, 2022.
We appreciate all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an inclusive employer, we are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need.