Superintendent (Live-In) (Region of Peel)Superintendent (Live-In)
Human Services – Housing Operations and Management Services
OPSEU Local 280
Deadline: Thursday, September 29, 2022
Link to apply
- Performs cleaning and maintenance duties
- Completion of repairs and ensuring that service contracts or major repairs are completed as per contractual agreement
- Delivering quality customer service to residents to support successful tenancies
- Ensure building property and grounds are well maintained
- Perform unit viewings to prospective residents
- Monitors and takes action to ensure the project’s overall safety and security
- Advises management of resident related concerns
- Responds to emergency situations
- On call duties as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias
- Graduation from high school or equivalent, or equivalent experience in an industrial or mechanical setting
- Previous experience or training in the administrative aspects of building management
- Exceptional customer service through effective communication skills (written and verbal) and the demonstrated ability to deal effectively and tactfully with residents and contractors as well as effectively show and market empty units
- Basic computer skills and working knowledge of MS Word
- Maintain and perform minor repairs including heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing and electrical systems, carpentry, drywall, windows, locks, painting and flooring
- Unit turnover preparation and cleaning
- Must be physically able to perform the strenuous tasks required
- Possess knowledge of WHMIS and Residential Tenancy Act
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle throughout the work day is required
- On call requirements (evening/weekends) for our 24 hour operation of properties
at 10 Knightsbridge Road, Brampton, ON L6T 5L6
Hours of Work:
8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday (Rotational stand-by requirement – Friday evenings, weekends and holidays approximately every eight (8) weeks)
Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
New employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Region of Peel reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/
, or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated, a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.