Advisor, Early Years (Region of Peel)Advisor, Early Years
Human Services- Early Years & Child Care Services
Contract Duration: Approximately twenty-four (24) months
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a positive difference in the early years and child care community in Peel? Are you a systems thinker? Are you passionate about supporting Early Years & Child Care system outcomes of quality, affordability, viability, accessibility and inclusion? Do you have a background in project management and process improvement?
We require an innovative advisor who thinks strategically to achieve desired outcomes on a systems & operational level.
The Advisor considers opportunities for supporting service providers to meet funding, accountability and quality service provision expectations and puts forward program and process recommendations that support service provider capacity building, efficiency and effectiveness in meeting funding and accountability requirements.
The Advisor uses strategic thinking, critical analysis, problem solving and data analytic skills to provide system and operational level advice and guidance to the Early Years and Child Care Services Division and programs. The Advisor will be responsible to devise strategies and implement recommendations that ensure the successful implementation of Child Care and Early Years programs.
What you will do:
What we require:
- Create and implement program and procedural recommendations to improve the delivery of services and the client/service provider experience
- Supports strategic oversight of the $150M+ budget for numerous Early Years and Child Care (EYCC) funding programs and system accountabilities
- Collaborates with local and provincial partners and leads service system manager responsibilities to help ensure provincial and local priorities are being met
- Supports the ability to make evidence-informed decisions that are aligned with evolving EYCC system priorities
- Ensures the development and updating of existing EYCC policies and procedures and accountability frameworks as they relate to SSM responsibilities in alignment with changing provincial and local direction, EYCCS service outcomes, service plan and priorities
- Provides strategic policy, analytical, evaluation, data gathering and planning support and establishes metrics and business intelligence mechanisms to support service system manager responsibilities as they relate to assessing the economic viability of Peel’s EYCC system and the impact of public funding
- Informs ongoing policy development and system level analysis to ensure funding is being used to maximize system outcomes, meet evolving local need and align with provincial and local direction
- Provides guidance, expertise, analysis and advice to support service system management responsibilities and accountabilities within a period of rapid system change
- Oversees a Specialist, Early Years & Child Care responsible for supporting oversight of Peel’s EYCC system by moving forward ongoing system change through various initiatives and projects
- Develops new policy approaches for Peel’s EYCC system with the ability to identify and assess implications as they relate to different service delivery models and policies and their corresponding impacts on system partners and families
- Responsible for staying current on rapidly evolving provincial direction to identify the need for new local policies and updating of existing policies and accountability frameworks as they relate to broadened service system manager responsibilities/accountabilities. This involves regular communication with provincial and local partners, internal colleagues with shared service system manager responsibilities, undertaking research, analysis and being able to quickly interpret new policies/legislation
- Staffing responsibilities include a variety of activities such as hiring, coaching, motivating, developing job objectives, managing performance, assigning and delegating work and ensuring quality and service standards are met; develops and empowers staff by providing regular feedback, strategic direction and ensuring involvement in key decision-making processes where appropriate
- Post-secondary education in Human Services or related field with at least five (5) years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven leadership skills (direct or indirect) in order to support staff and the ability to manage through a changing environment and culture
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management concepts and techniques and the ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects
- Superior report writing, presentation and facilitation skills for a wide array of audiences, including departmental senior leadership and system partners
- Specialization in development and implementation of transformational policies and service delivery models
- Strong knowledge and understanding of EYCC system including evolving provincial policies and legislative/regulatory changes
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to support evolving service system manager responsibilities with a focus on assessing overall viability of Peel's EYCC system and impact of public funding
- Demonstrated ability to assess and interpret policies and relevant legislation/regulations
- Senior level policy analysis, research, evaluation, data gathering and planning skills
- Strong financial acumen at a systems and operational level
- Superior advisory skills to support strategic oversight of numerous EYCC programs and ensuring system outcomes are met and risks managed
- Strong system level strategic and innovative thinking
- Skilled in developing community engagement strategies and processes to ensure stakeholders are engaged and issues and relationships are managed
In this role you will have the ability to work mostly remote. You will be required to occasionally attend on-site meetings based on operational requirements at the 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton worksite. Your remote work location must be located within the province of Ontario.
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week
The Region of Peel offers job based flexible hours of work that allows employees to manage personal and professional responsibilities while at the same time ensures business operational needs and customer service expectations are achieved.?
Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line at www.peelregion.ca/hr by June 29, 2022.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
New employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Region of Peel reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/
, or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated, a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.