Program Support Analyst, Region of HaltonDepartment: Social & Community Services
Division: Human Services Planning & Program Support
Position: Program Support Analyst
Note: At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve.
This is a permanent full-time position working 35 hours per week.
Joining Halton Region opens the door to a fulfilling career. Our comprehensive compensation, great benefits and employee recognition program are a few reasons why we are one of the GTA’s Top Employers.
We engage great people who contribute to meaningful work that makes a positive difference in our community. As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service focused and award winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment. At Halton, you are encouraged to grow and succeed in your career and are recognized for your accomplishments and contributions.
If you are looking for a role where you can partner with all areas of our organization to support business improvement initiatives and contribute to the continuous improvement of our programs and services for Halton residents, we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the Change Management Advisor, the Program Support Analyst works across the department on priority initiatives and programs with the objective of providing program support and strategic advice to the Social and Community Services Department.
The successful candidate must possess a post-secondary degree in Business or Public Administration, Planning or Social Sciences, or a related field along with a minimum of three years’ experience working in a municipal or provincial public sector context. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, Visio, and project management software and tools is recommended. Lean Six Sigma and/or Change Management certification is an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of the Department’s program delivery operations, programs and services, the communities served, and client/population social issues.
- Broad knowledge of legislation, policy environments and systems issues within the human services sector in order to formulate options, impacts and risks to stakeholders.
- Superior research, program planning/design and evaluation skills.
- Ability to prepare environmental scans, conduct policy analysis, and coordinate cross-functional linkages to address complex business needs.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to identify, analyze and synthesize information and data, interpret legislation and policy, and develop recommendations on a wide range of issues.
- Knowledge and experience applying project management and change management methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills to communicate information to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to develop and recommend creative solutions, with the ability to adapt to changing environments, and work both independently and in a team environment.
- Political acuity in working with internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Records check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening by the first day of employment. Travel will be required, incumbent must provide their own transportation.
In support of the Region’s commitment to a healthy and safe workplace and community, the Region has a vaccination requirement for all employees.
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on the condition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able to provide proof of vaccination. Fully vaccinated is defined as having received the completed series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine, as recommended by the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health and having received the final dose at least 14 days before your employment start date.
The candidate will be asked to provide the Region with proof of full vaccination, prior to their employment start date. Acceptable proof is a Ministry of Health Dose Administration Receipt (or such other proof of vaccination that the Province of Ontario sanctions). This can be obtained through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code
. If the candidate is unable to vaccinate for a reason protected by the Code
, a request for accommodation can be requested and written proof satisfactory to the Region will be required.
- Provide expert guidance and leadership in conducting business and program analysis, research, and overall coordination for key projects and strategic initiatives in consultation with various divisional programs – Housing, Homelessness Prevention, Ontario Works, Employment Halton, Children’s Services, Older Adults and external community stakeholders.
- Prepare and/or deliver presentations, briefing notes, business cases, and information reports for a wide variety of audiences including communication materials.
- Develop an informed response to federal/provincial policy initiatives.
- Provide regular reporting on outcomes and trend analysis to inform evidence-based human services policy and program development.
- Provide support to a range of action tables and initiatives to address priority systems issues and strengthen safety and well-being in the community.
- Apply tools and techniques such as Lean to define opportunities, measure performance, map, and analyze the process to determine root causes and recommend solutions.
- Conduct environmental/jurisdictional scans to inform service delivery and program design.
- Support service design and program delivery as part of the department’s multi-tier service model, digital-first strategy and approach to information management.
- Lead and direct projects and project teams, as well as lead and support program planning and evaluation to deliver effective and efficient integrated human services.
- Conceptualize, investigate and propose options to (re)design or improve service/program delivery.
- Support data management and analysis to inform human service planning including data compilation from internal and external sources, managing data quality, and using data visualization to convey results and identify priority issues.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to support alignment with corporate strategies and programming within various areas.
- Promote and actively contribute to a climate of positive change and continuous improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Jan 12, 2022
Jan 26, 2022
Apply Online at: Halton Job Postings
- We appreciate all applications however only those selected to advance in the selection process will be contacted. Candidates will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please check your email and voicemail regularly.
- We are committed to providing accommodation throughout the selection process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.