Administrator (LTC), York RegionJob Title
REPOST - Administrator (LTC)
Type of Position
York Region -> Community & Health Services -> Paramedic and Seniors Services
Maple Admin Services - 10424 Keele Street - Maple, ON L6A 2L1 CA (Primary)
Reporting to the Director, Seniors Services, is responsible for the daily administration and management of a designated Long-Term Care (LTC) Home and related programs; administering, directing and coordinating the delivery of Medical, Nursing, Dietary, Environmental, Health & Safety, Therapeutic, Social, Recreational, Day and Outreach services and activities in the Home to ensure residents, clients and visitors are provided with services that are compliant with all applicable legislation and regulation, reflecting the Branch’s commitment to a safe, secure and client focused environment, and taking the lead in special projects, as assigned.
• Ensures the delivery of high quality care and services for residents of the Home and related programs.
• Oversees and leads the coordination of multi-disciplinary teams in the development and implementation of programs and services for all residents of the Home.
• Researches senior’s issues to maintain an awareness of current LTC and seniors’ issues, service needs of clients in the community and residents of the Home, to implement best practices in client care and services.
• Ensures that the Home is properly supplied with all required material and equipment and provides advice and assistance to the Director regarding planning and control measures; makes recommendations for appropriate allocation of funds to meet service delivery and resident care needs.
• Assesses and monitors the Home’s program expenditures on an annual basis.
• Leads the process to review and recommends the budget for the Home and monitors the budgets of reporting Managers to ensure expenditures fall within budgeted resources.
• Ensures quality assurance activities to monitor program effectiveness and support continuous improvement attitudes within the Home.
• Responsible for adherence to inspection protocols and monitoring of quality assurance audits, quality indicators, public reporting, resident / family satisfaction surveys, critical incident reporting and monitoring.
• Builds a positive labour relations climate, ensures the safety and wellbeing of staff and focuses on improved position management, recruitment strategies and retention of qualified staff.
• Provides effective relationship management with all external stakeholders, Regional and local municipal politicians, municipal staff, external government and non-governmental agencies, and the communities served.
• Ensures that all reports and statements required from the Home are prepared on a timely and efficient basis and forwarded to the Director’s office for consolidated and legislative reporting to the MOHLTC, LHIN and Regional Council.
• Under the supervision and direction of the Director, and working with the management of the Home, develops and maintains appropriate and effective after hours management on-call protocols for the Home; this includes the Administrator assuming on-call duty after regular working hours and weekends and statutory holidays on a rotating basis.
• Successful completion of a University Degree in Health Services Management, Business or Public Administration, Clinical or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Provincial Certification as a Long-Term Care Administrator (achieved or registered and to be completed within 2 years of hire date), to meet the legislative requirement for such certification).
• Minimum five (5) years demonstrated experience in a unionized environment, including significant direct senior managerial experience that includes program, financial, budget administration, nursing program delivery and human resource management within the Long-Term Care sector and/or related seniors services, healthcare, or community services sector(s) and demonstrated minimum of two (2) years of direct supervisory experience.
• Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Checks (PVSC).
• Leadership competencies including operating strategically, leveraging diversity and differences, customer focused, ensuring accountability, managing complex problems, financial management, employing interactive and effective communication, fostering collaborative relationships, cultivating engagement to drive vision and purpose, managing and developing talent, establishing and maintaining trust, displaying self-awareness, and demonstrating resiliency.
All York Region Employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine series, approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, as a condition of hire. Should you be the successful candidate, you will be required to comply with the Region's mandatory Vaccination Policy that is in effect.
Long Term Care
# of Hires Needed
Click here to submit your résumé to this position: https://york.hua.hrsmart.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=151