Manager, Information Services (District of Thunder Bay Social Services Administration Board)
Looking for a rewarding career change? Join our team!
The District of Thunder Bay Social Services Administration Board (TBDSSAB) is now hiring a Manager, Information Services
(full-time permanent), Corporate Services Division
at HQ in Thunder Bay. Closing date is December 3.
TBDSSAB supports people to improve their lives and become self-sufficient. We do this as the service system manager for vital, quality social services needed by individuals and families living in the District of Thunder Bay --- including child care and early years, community housing, homelessness prevention programs --- and through the delivery of Ontario Works.
November 17, 2021
December 3, 2021
HOURS PER WEEK:
Under the direction of the Director, Corporate Services, the Manager, Information Services will provide leadership in the development, implementation, and maintenance of information technology (IT) programs. This position will be the designated Chief Privacy Officer for the organization.
- Plan and implement short- and long-term program objectives for the Department within the Division’s strategic plan.
- Develop and administer the expenditure of the department budget including identification of Department priorities.
- Develop, administer, and maintain Department policies and procedures to be in accordance with applicable regulations and Department objectives and effective risk management.
- Assess Department staffing needs and makes effective hiring decisions. Responsible for staff development, performance management/review, coaching/mentoring, health and safety, collective agreement administration and discipline and termination decisions.
- Provides information, reports, letters, and memoranda to the Director making recommendations on matters pertaining to the Division. Attends meeting of the Board of Directors as required.
- Manage multiple information and communications systems and projects, including voice, data, imaging, and office automation.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates the systems that support end users in the productive use of computer hardware and software.
- Develop and manage internet and intranet web sites.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A University degree in Computer Science or Business Administration.
- A minimum of five years of directly related experience in the design, management, and operation of managed IT systems.
- Proven supervisory experience preferably in a unionized setting.
- Certification in Microsoft and/or related technological certificates would be preferred.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Comprehensive knowledge of data processing methods and procedures, and computer software systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of systems design and development processes.
- Superior ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with public officials, subordinates, co-workers, and internal and external clients.
- Strong leadership skills together with the ability to motivate staff.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- An expert knowledge of related Acts, regulations, policies, and programs is required.
- Must be competent within the meaning of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Must undergo a successful police records check, Type 2.
- Use of a vehicle may be required.
- Travel may be required.
- May be required to work irregular hours.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
Applications must include a completed TBDSSAB application form, cover letter and resume. Please be sure to reference the position title and the competition number. Applications may be emailed, faxed, or delivered to the TBDSSAB location by 4:30 pm on the closing date to the attention of:
The District of Thunder Bay Social Services Administration Board
231 May Street South
Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7E 1B5
| Fax: (807) 345-2466
Applicants currently employed by the TBDSSAB must complete the Internal Application Form
. All other applicants must complete the TBDSSAB External Application Form.
Application forms are available on our website or are available for pickup at the TBDSSAB location. For more information on employment opportunities at TBDSSAB, please visit our website
Applications received for this position will not be acknowledged unless you are being notified of an interview.
Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.
As an equal opportunity employer, the TBDSSAB encourages applications from Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.