Access York Scheduling Analyst #26407 (York Region)
DEPARTMENT: Community and Health Services Department
BRANCH: Integrated Business Services Branch
LOCATION: 17150 Yonge Street, Newmarket
STATUS: Temporary Full-Time, Approx.10 months
SCHEDULED WEEKLY HOURS: 35
OPERATIONAL HOURS: 08:30-16:30 / 12:00-20:00 /Monday-Sunday
START DATE: Immediate
Salary: $37.42 to $40.67 per hour
This is an Addition to staff
Council Approved: December 19, 2019
Union position - CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit)
Reporting to the Program Manager, Access York Quality Assurance, is responsible for ensuring staff work schedules are in line with the needs of the Access York call centre, service counter, reception desks, kiosk desks and the casual administrative pool; analyzing real time as well as historical data and using available workforce management (WFM) and scheduling tools to maximize resource efficiency and achievement of established KPIs; monitoring intraday call centre performance and reassigning contact centre staff to ensure coverage.
- Creates all Access York operations staff schedules using historical data to ensure that the operational needs of the contact centre, in both tiers as well as emails, OW online applications and housing applications, are met.
- Coordinates the distribution of work tasks using work queues to support the contact centre, reception desks as well as the kiosks.
- Maintains and communicates staff work schedules; manages staff unplanned absences and scheduled time off by approving the time off requested based on operational need and schedules staff from the casual pool using WFM, established process and protocols as well as adhering to the collective agreement.
- Collects, validates and analyzes contact centre data, both real time and historical data, to ensure that contact centre KPIs are achieved, and builds accurate staffing forecasts.
- Collects new schedules and be able to determine and forecast impact to service levels when new programs are on boarded.
- Provides real time monitoring in order to make intraday adjustments in an effort to maximize resource efficiency and achieve service level goals and business objectives.
- Schedules team meetings and huddles minimizing impact to the contact centre KPI.
- Responds to inquiries and resolves concerns, as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned, in accordance with Branch and Department objectives.
- May occasionally be required to respond to emergency situations outside of normal business hours, as related to the Departmental Emergency Plan.
- Successful completion of a College Diploma in Contact Centre Operations or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years demonstrated experience scheduling employees in a high volume call centre environment, using Work Force management tools (such as Verint, Purple Pumpkin) for analysing, forecasting and scheduling staffing.
- Thorough understanding of scheduling softwares/techniques/methods for a call centre environment.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in applying the rules of the collective agreements, legislation, policies and procedures.
- Ability to apply Erlang C calculations.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
Please apply online by April 11, 2021. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
York Region is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At the Region, we respect, encourage and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.