Director of Housing (County of Wellington)
Reporting to the Social Services Administrator (Ontario Works, Child Care and Housing Services), the Director of Housing is responsible for strategic service system planning for social and affordable housing and homelessness, having experience, knowledge and skills in all areas of its Housing Services field. The position directly supervises five managers and one union staff, and indirectly, 60 Divisional Staff in a unionized environment. The Director of Housing has extensive experience and working knowledge in the areas of social and affordable housing and homelessness administration as the Consolidated Municipal Service Manager. This position provides guidance and advice, based on research, in the development of policies and procedures as well as direct management experience with all aspects of public housing management, legislative administration of social housing providers, waiting lists’ administration for social and affordable housing and homelessness programme administration, and agreement administration of affordable housing initiatives, and management services to Guelph Non-Profit Housing Corporation to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of County Services. The Director participates on the senior management team for the Social Services Department. In the absence of the Social Services Administrator, may be asked to provide coverage for some aspects of the Department.
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Four year university degree in Property Management, Business or Public Administration or other related fields.
- Minimum seven years of experience or equivalent in a senior management role administering social and affordable housing and government services, preferably in the Consolidated Municipal Service Manager field.
- Superior knowledge of the Housing Services Act and applicable social and affordable housing legislation and agreements.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills, and ability to work as a positive member of the team.
- Well-developed leadership and administrative abilities, combined with excellent communication, customer service, presentation, writing and problem solving skills required to resolve complex housing issues.
- Possess strategic thinking abilities, solution development and community relation skills to deliver results in a complex high profile environment.
- Proven management skills, including the ability to work in a union environment.
- Sound judgement and decision making skills in situations that can be ambiguous or difficult.
- Excellent knowledge of computers, including programme specific databases.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records and statistics.
- A valid driver’s licence (minimum G2 Class) and access to a reliable vehicle.
This position offers a comprehensive benefit package and a salary range of: $106,888.60 to $125,015.80 (2019 Non-Union Compensation Grid), based on a 35 hour work week.
Visit our website at: www.wellington.ca
Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, clearly marked Posting #126-19 by Friday, September 27 at 4:00 pm.
ATTENTION: HR DEPARTMENT, County of Wellington Administration Centre, 74 Woolwich Street, Guelph ON N1H 3T9.
E: email@example.com or F: 519.837.8882.
Please respond by one method of application only. No phone calls please. Personal information in relation to the recruitment and hiring process is collected under the authority outlined in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The County is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation for disabilities is available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.