Data and Program Analyst Job ID# 885 (up to 20 month contract) (City of Brantford)
The Corporation of the City Of Brantford
Health & Human Services
Data and Program Analyst (up to 20 month contract)
Job ID# 885
The Data and Program Analyst is responsible for data analysis, program evaluation, research and reporting to support service system planning decisions within the Health and Human Services Commission, including Children's Services, Housing, Social Assistance and Homelessness departments.
The position supports performance management and evaluation of contracted agencies and staff, as well as providing data packages and briefs that inform strategic directions for the Commission.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary diploma or degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Data Science Analytics or related field, with focus on research, analytical data collection and program evaluation.
- Completion of a research-based post-graduate degree is preferred.
- Minimum four years' experience in statistical data collection, analysis, research, database design and reporting, coupled with a demonstrated ability to conduct training.
- Knowledge of Microsoft computer software applications and operating systems including a strong working ability in Excel, Access, Microsoft Word and Power Point.
- Knowledge of the Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) and GIS is an asset.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, standards, and theories pertaining to Children's Services,
- Housing, Social Assistance and Homelessness is an asset.
- Knowledge of current practices and program evaluation in the areas of child care, early learning,
- income support, housing, community development and employment services is considered an asset.
- Ability to work in a team-based setting and possess consensus building skills to effectively work with multi-disciplinary working groups and a variety of agency partners.
- Superior analytical, communication, technological and problem-solving abilities; ability to exercise a high level of independence, integrity and confidentiality.
To apply online, please visit the City of Brantford website at https://careers.brantford.ca/
and click on Current Opportunities
Closing date for applications: Thursday, July 25, 2019, at 4:30 p.m.
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.