Senior Program Analyst (2 positions) #24133 (York Region)
|DEPARTMENT: Community and Health Services Department
BRANCH: Housing Services Branch
Salary: $54.07 to $58.78 per hour
LOCATION: 17250 Yonge Street, Newmarket
STATUS: Temporary Full-Time, Approx. 12 months
SCHEDULED WEEKLY HOURS: 35
SCHEDULED SHIFTS: 0830 – 1630
This is a Replacement
Union position - CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit)
Reporting to the Program Manager, Housing Strategic Initiatives, is responsible for developing innovative and strategic social and affordable housing program policies and plans; researching and analyzing projects; leading project teams; and developing cross-functional linkages to ensure that Regional Policies and Programs align with housing goals; interpreting and communicating housing policies to housing providers in the Region.
- Develops and implements work plans for program policy and community development strategies, ensuring strong linkages with other Departments and stakeholders.
- Develops program policies and implementation strategies for division initiatives.
- Develops and executes program evaluations, managing both internal and external resources.
- Researches, analyzes and evaluates social, economic, political environments and policies in a local and provincial context, evaluating applicability to local housing conditions and identifying best practices for inclusion in Regional program proposals.
- Gathers and analyzes information on division and human/housing related issues; prepares presentations, impact and options analyses and statistical reports; monitors and reviews data to identify trends and develop community and division strategies.
- Prepares reports, briefing notes, background materials and presentations on a wide range of housing policy issues for the Manager, General Manager, Commissioner, Committee and Council.
- Prepares reports and program proposals for the Senior Management Group, Commissioner, Director, Committee and Council.
- Develops strategic linkages with provincial governments, sector organizations, housing providers, agencies, the private sector and local municipalities to share information and develop effective program policies.
- Represents the Division and Department on external task forces and committees.
- May occasionally be required to respond to emergency situations outside of normal business hours, as related to the Departmental Emergency Plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with Branch and Department objectives.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Public Policy, Administration or Social Sciences or relevant degree or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the public policy and/or social housing field.
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act, 2006, the Cooperative Corporations Act, 1990, the Housing Services Act, 2011 and other relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of the Department’s program delivery operations, programs and services, the community served and client social issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary social research and evaluation methods, including writing detailed reports and proposals.
Please apply online by clicking here
by July 22, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
York Region is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At the Region, we respect, encourage and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.