Senior Policy Analyst #23038 (Regional Municipality of York)Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable.
Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Senior Policy Analyst #23038
Community and Health Services Department
Strategies and Partnerships Branch
Location: Newmarket, Ontario. This is a Union position.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 35; Scheduled Shifts: 0830 - 1630
Temporary Full-Time, Approx. 10 months, Salary $53.14 - $57.77 per hour
Reporting to the Program Manager, Social Policy, is responsible for providing policy support and strategic advice to the Department; interpreting federal and provincial legislation and regulations, monitoring and assessing impact on Regional policies and practices, including planning initiatives and providing advice on performance measurement; researching, developing and analyzing innovative and strategic policies and programs to respond to human services, agencies and community needs; preparing environmental scans; and developing cross-functional linkages to ensure that policies and programs align with Department, Provincial and Federal goals; preparing briefing notes and committee reports.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Planning or Social Sciences or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a municipal or provincial public policy development sector with responsibilities in leading complex project initiatives and program/policy development.
- Knowledge of the Department’s program delivery operations, programs and services, the community served and client social issues.
- Knowledge of provincial legislative, regulatory and policy framework and ability to interpret and translate into policy and policy options for the Department.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary social research and evaluation methods, including experience interpreting and reporting statistical, demographic and socio-economic data, and writing detailed reports and proposals.
- Knowledge of budget process and business planning.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
- Proficiency in MS Office software applications, such as word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software applications, as well as Internet research abilities.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to analyze and synthesize policy and data reports, interpret legislation and complex reports, and develop recommendations for a wide range of community services and social planning initiatives.
- Demonstrated project management and leadership, negotiation and presentation skills to develop cross-functional internal and external community partnerships.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
Please apply on-line by clicking here
by January 21, 2019, quoting competition #23038
. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email or by telephone.