Supervisor, Project Management & Business Transformation (Region of Peel)
Supervisor Project Management & Business Transformation
Human Services - Strategic Initiatives
Contract Duration: Twenty-Four (24) Months
Do you have experience and sound knowledge and experience within Project Management and Change Management?
Do you have strong leadership skills
along with direct work experience coaching
, mentoring and directing staff?
This may be the opportunity for you…
Reporting into the Human Services - Strategic Initiatives, Project Management and Business Transformation Team, the Supervisor will provide daily leadership and oversight to a team of 5 staff. This Team is specifically responsible for the support of Human Services departmental projects, initiatives and Term of Council Priorities.
- Daily supervision and leadership of a team of 5 including coaching, performance development, mentoring staff along with the completion of annual staff performance appraisals.
- Recommends and implements service improvement initiatives, transformational reviews and implements audit recommendations to create efficient business and project management practices.
- Receives and evaluates work requests with a department perspective and assigns appropriately. Organizes the team’s projects and maintains quality control of the work and ensures that this work is completed properly and on time
- Organizes the measurement work for projects and programs including leading the creation of the measurement plan for each project and program
- Monitors the annual budget for the project supports team, ensuring expeditures are controlled and maintained within budgetary limits
- Provides contribution to the annual work plan and the business plan
- Working in a collaborative manner with internal and external partners
- Ensures that project work activity aligns with departmental priorities in relation to the Integrated Planning Framework and the overall departmental service outcomes
- Supports service delivery requirements and complies with regulation requirements as identified but not limited to the following Acts: Ontario Works, Housing Services, Child Care and Early Years, Ontario Disability Support Program, MFIPPA, Child and Family Services, and Residential Tenancy
- Monitors the provision of business practice controls and audits to ensure adherence to established policies and procedures; identifies areas of risk in existing practices and implements corrective action to address concerns/risks
- Participates in cross functional initiatives
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Project Management, Business Analysis, Process Management, Quality Management or a related field with at least five years experience working in a project environment or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Three (3) years of direct leadership work experience
- Two (2) years of experience leading medium to large projects through the 5 Stages of the Project Life Cycle coupled with experience applying change management principles and methodologies with an in-depth understanding of change management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation an asset
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Effective communication and report writing skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to develop and monitor budgets
- Working knowledge of legislation that directs and supports the delivery of Human Services programs and services such as the Ontario Works Act, Ontario Disability Support Program Act, Housing Services Act Child Care and Early Years Act, Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Child and Family Services Act
- Political awareness with the ability to understand the various parties and stakeholders involved in decision making processes, and to anticipate their likely reaction to statements, proposals, recommendations and situations
- Proven ability to problem solve and resolve conflict and the ability to respond with tact and diplomacy
10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton
Hours of Work:
35 Hours per week; Monday- Friday
How to Apply
If this exciting leadership opportunity matches your qualifications and experience please apply online by January 21, 2019 at www.peelregion.ca/hr
Direct link to Job Posting: