Financial Analyst (District of Parry Sound)
35 Hours / Week (Monday-Friday)
Location – Town of Parry Sound
Employment with the District of Parry Sound Social Services Administration Board offers an opportunity to make a positive contribution to our community. Providing caring human services, we are a forward-thinking organization focused on continuous improvement, employee growth and development, and providing exceptional service.
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to perform a variety of complex accounting duties in the verification, maintenance, reconciliation, analysis and reporting of the financial accounts and records of the organization, under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Completion of a University degree or diploma in Accounting or Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education, training, and program related experience
- Completion of a recognized accounting designation, preferred
- Minimum two years of financial experience
- Excellent communication troubleshooting and organizational skills
- Knowledge of GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles), budgetary practices and processes, government accounting and auditing practices
- Advanced knowledge and experience in computerized spreadsheet, accounting, and database applications, with the ability to create and maintain accounting spreadsheets
- Ability to work under strict time constraints and ability to prepare accurate and timely financial information within targeted deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and work effectively with a variety of individuals and groups, including all staff members
- Ability to maintain high degree of accuracy and confidentiality in reporting and managing financial information
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Access to the use of a reliable vehicle, when required
Salary Range: $63,000.00 – 77,000.00/ annually
- Research, analyze and retrieve financial data to prepare accurate reports summarizing the results of the analysis
- Set up and maintain database files to analyze complex data
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and year-end financial statements
- Skillful knowledge of computerized Financial Information System(s), spreadsheets, financial programs, and word processing.
- Assemble required financial and statistical information monthly (i.e., child care FTE and funding statistics reports, Ministry of Education statistics reports)
- Accounts Payable processing responsibilities include setting up and administration of vendor accounts, reconciling and verifying payments, processing, and dispersing cheques, reviewing expense registers, supporting supervisors/managers in problem solving and reviewing budget discrepancies
Comprehensive benefits package
(Extended health care, including dental & vision)
Paid leaves and vacation
OMERS Pension Plan
Employee Assistance Program
Please submit cover letter & resume referencing job ID 22N-06 by December 4, 2022
Attn: Danielle Villeneuve, CHRP
Director of Human Resources
1 Beechwood Drive
Parry Sound, ON P2A 1J2
Fax: (705) 751-5370
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
The DSSAB welcomes and encourages candidates from First Nations, Métis and Inuit, racialized and LGBTQ2S+ communities, women, and people with disabilities. The DSSAB is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities Upon request by the applicant, accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.