Specialist, Strategic Planning, Management and Evaluation (Region of Peel)Specialist, Strategic Planning, Management and Evaluation
2 Contract Full-time - Duration: up to thirteen (13) months
Human Services/Social Development, Planning and Partnerships
Deadline: November 30, 2022
Do you have a passion for program evaluation theory/frameworks and research methods? Do you have the ability to make an impact by delivering evidence-based advice with the goal of effecting superior outcomes?
Are you an analytical thinker and a sound facilitator who thrives in an environment where collaboration, assessment and evaluation are embraced?
Are you an influencer who can provide guidance and support in the development of program and operational strategy and performance measurement frameworks?
In this role, you will provide advice, support, and capacity-building to the Human Services Department on planning and performance in alignment with the Region of Peel’s Strategic Plan and departmental priorities. Develop and/or advise on strategic, business, operational and program plans. Create and assess performance measures and conduct evaluations to enable successful service and program delivery in the areas of Housing Support, Income Support, Early Years & Child Care, and Community Investment.
- Use best practices, processes, and tools to facilitate strategic and operational planning to ensure that the Human Service department achieves desired outcomes for Peel residents.
- Provide departmental and program area advice to ensure alignment among operations, strategy, and budget.
- Utilize relationship-building skills to increase cross divisional and departmental integration from a strategic and performance perspective.
- Lead facilitations and client meetings to develop performance measurement frameworks, including identifying Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Develop consistent planning and measurement practices/standards that are outcome focused. Ensure standards are client-centered, and in line with a systems-thinking approach. Promote results-based accountability and identify best practices that can lead to improved services and potential cost savings.
- Enhances performance and evidence-informed culture across the department through capacity-building efforts.
- Provide analysis and interpretation on trends, risks and gaps relating to the department and program areas for planning and performance management purposes, draws cross-linkages between data, reports, and community indicators. Conduct or support continuous improvement activities.
- Evaluate strategic/systems plans, programs, and service delivery models to understand drivers of success, barriers, and outcomes.
- Prepare recommendations for improvement for key decision-makers (e.g., management) to review and/or implement.
- Provide evaluation support by facilitating the development of evaluation plans, matrices/questions, and frameworks through appropriate methodologies, including logic models, performance measurement frameworks, evaluation tools, data analysis and report writing. Support the Department on evaluation requests through external vendors, where applicable.
- Present evaluation findings and recommendations in an accessible format and build capacity to improve understanding of findings and uptake of recommendations.
- Work with departmental leaders and management teams (independently and in collaboration with team members) to advance project deliverables.
- Engage in relationship-building and effective collaboration within the team unit, across the Division, Department and Organization.
- Leads and/or participates in committees and/or project teams. Make presentations to committees, leadership, and the public.
- Support team management to negotiate with others (e.g., internal clients, stakeholders, politicians, governments, developers, and agencies) to decide on common ways of planning, monitoring, and evaluating new and existing Human Services program/initiatives.
- Post-secondary education in Social Sciences, Business Management, Public Service/Administration, or a related field, combined with a minimum 5 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Designations and/or training as a Credentialed Evaluator, Credentialed Strategic Planner, Project Management, and/or Lean Six Sigma are considered an asset.
- Experience creating strategic plans and performance measurement frameworks, and knowledge of different methodologies such as Strategy Maps, Objectives and Key Results (OKR), and/or Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Experience conducting program evaluations using appropriate methodologies, developing logic models, and associated performance measurement frameworks. Able to use a range of research methods and methodologies (qualitative and quantitative) to guide evaluation process including scoping, data collection, data analysis, and reporting.
- Exceptional time management skills. Able to meet deadlines and balance competing priorities. Provide timely communication of critical issues and risk mitigation opportunities.
- Ability to think critically from a big picture or systems perspective. Conduct outcome planning and determine accountability and governance. Proven ability to facilitate and present complex and technical information to various groups, following adult-learning principles.
- Political awareness and sound judgment to identify and respond to situations using tact and diplomacy. Able to understand the position of various stakeholders and anticipate their likely reaction to statements, proposals, recommendations, and situations. Ability to maintain focus, energy, commitment, and positive attitude in the face of uncertainty, change and resistance.
- Strong interpretational, collaboration and customer service skills. Ability to maintain relationships with internal and external clients/stakeholders.
- Proven experience working in project teams and able to liaison with staff, senior leadership, Divisions, Departments and the public in a sensitive and effective manner. Proven ability to problem-solve and resolve conflict.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Teams, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, OneNote). Knowledge of data analysis software (e.g., SPSS, NVivo) and programming (e.g., VBA) are considered an asset.
Salary Band 7 $84,335.00-$105,417.00 + Contract benefits
In this role you will have the ability to work mostly remote. You will be required to occasionally attend on-site meetings based on operational requirements at the 10 Peel Centre Drive worksite. Your remote work location must be located within the province of Ontario.
Hours of Work:
The Region of Peel offers job based flexible hours of work that allows employees to manage personal and professional responsibilities while at the same time ensures business operational needs and customer service expectations are achieved.
Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online at www.peelregion.ca/careers