Support Worker, Resource Consultant, Early Childhood Education (Community Living Mississauga)Community Living Mississauga
Apply now: https://www.clmiss.ca/careers/
Deadline: November 30, 2022
Community Living Mississauga has been a source of support for people who have an intellectual disability since 1955. Community Living Mississauga provides a variety of supports and services to people who have an intellectual disability, including: residential supports, employment resources, community engagement, Supported Independent Living, respite, and various day support options. Our mission is to provide support to people to ensure their quality of life in the community is meaningfully improved, promoting inclusion and independence.
For more information about Community Living Mississauga, we invite you to visit our website at www.clmiss.ca
A person in the Early Childhood Education Resource Services position is responsible for the overall support and resource to children and their families through specialized knowledge of child development, children’s mental health, early intervention and inclusive practices for children who have a disability. Community Living Mississauga works with a number of childcare providers in Mississauga to provide inclusive childcare experiences for all children.
Working under the guidance of a Manager/Supervisor, this position is responsible for the individualized planning and support to children, as well as general resource support to licensed childcare programs and early childhood educators.
- Assess children’s developmental needs, strengths and progress (including observation and documentation) and develop individualized plans by selecting, using and adapting effective teaching strategies and specialized learning materials.
- Utilize/develop new techniques, options or approaches to support children.
- Work in collaboration with licensed childcare service providers and early childhood educators to promote community inclusion for all children.
- Work collaboratively with community partners and represent the organization through participation on community committees or working groups and facilitate professional learning opportunities as required.
- Encourage self-expression of the children who receive support and utilize knowledge of verbal and nonverbal communications, including alternative communication systems and techniques.
- Support children and families at times of transition (i.e., into childcare, into school system) and provide information and resources to support parent advocacy and future planning.
Why Join our Team?
- Early Childhood Education Diploma plus either an Advanced Studies in Special Needs or Resource Teacher Certificate and experience working or volunteering with people who have an intellectual disability.
- We will also consider an Early Childhood Education Diploma with Advanced Studies in Special Needs or Resource Teacher Certificate or B.A. in a related field or
- B.A. in Early Childhood Education with focus in Special Needs (3-4 year University).
- Experience working or volunteering with people who have an intellectual disability.
- Membership in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Education (CECE), Ontario.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, written).
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s Licence (Class G or G2); access to a reliable vehicle and car insurance.
- Proficient in PC computer environment, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and other software.
- Current Standard First Aid / Level A CPR Certificate required.
- Bilingualism in English/French or other language would be considered an asset.
Community Living Mississauga is a leader in providing support to people who have an intellectual disability. You will be joining a diverse, inclusive and passionate team of employees who are dedicated to making a meaningful difference in the lives of people. We offer:
- The opportunity to make a meaningful difference in someone’s life.
- On-going learning and career development opportunities.
- Access to exclusive discount offers and savings on entertainment, travel, attractions, shopping, health, wellness, sports and more.
- Membership in a defined contribution pension plan (subject to meeting eligibility requirements).
- Flexible schedule.
- Extended Health, Dental and Vision Care.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Employee Recognition & Rewards Programs.
- Friendly, respectful, supportive and inclusive work environment.
Community Living Mississauga is committed to taking every reasonable precaution to protect employees and people who receive supports and services. In an effort to protect the wellbeing of our employees and the people we support, full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of all positions at Community Living Mississauga. You will be required to submit proof of full vaccination.
Community Living Mississauga values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, including accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose. Please apply directly on our website: https://myavanti.ca/JobsAtCLMiss/Job/Details/886