Supervisor (Contract), Career Connection (Community Living Mississauga)Supervisor (Contract), Career Connection
Community Living Mississauga
7 month Contract, Full Time
Apply now: https://www.clmiss.ca/careers/
Deadline: November 30, 2022
Community Living Mississauga has been a source of support for people who have an intellectual disability since 1955. Community Living Mississauga provides a variety of supports and services to people who have an intellectual disability, including: residential supports, employment resources, community engagement, Supported Independent Living, respite, and various day support options. Our mission is to provide support to people to ensure their quality of life in the community is meaningfully improved, promoting inclusion and independence.
For more information about Community Living Mississauga, we invite you to visit our website at www.clmiss.ca
Career Connection provides support to connect businesses with employment candidates who have an intellectual disability. The Supervisor role is responsible for the overall operation of Career Connection, working under the guidance of the Community Living Support Manager, Day Supports. This position is responsible for supervising the Career Connection team, ensuring high quality support is being provided. Onsite presence may be required during off-hours, including both evenings and weekends.
- Provide strong leadership, coaching, mentoring and accountability in a team environment for employees working in Career Connection.
- Meet and maintain the agency's organization’s expectations related to achieving outcomes for each person who receives support supported.
- Support people to find and maintain meaningful employment, volunteer placements or work experience.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of Career Connection, as well as all employment and pre-employment programming.
- Provide coaching and supervision, facilitate conflict resolution, develop skills, manage performance, etc.
- Manage budget expenditures of all assigned cost centres to ensure the effective use of all resources and fiscal accountability.
- Ensure all corporate policies and legislative compliance requirements are met including Health and Safety, Human Rights, funders, Municipal requirements, Ministry of Labour etc.
- Schedule and manage all employee hours of work; including completing payroll for each location under supervision.
- Build community partnerships, employer connections, promote awareness of inclusive hiring practices, and build capacity for Career Connection.
- Monitor programs based on results vs. targets.
Why Join our Team?
- Developmental Services Worker Diploma (preferred) or Social Services Worker Diploma, Child and Youth Worker Diploma, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the social services field or working or volunteering with people who have an intellectual disability.
- Will consider a University Degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the social services field or working or volunteering with people who have an intellectual disability.
- Must have supervisory experience.
- Concrete knowledge of, or experience in Employment Resources.
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s License (Class G); access to a reliable vehicle and car insurance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, nonverbal, written)
- Proficient in PC computer environment; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and other software.
- Bilingualism in English/French or other language would be considered an asset.
Community Living Mississauga is a leader in providing support to people who have an intellectual disability. You will be joining a diverse, inclusive and passionate team of employees who are dedicated to making a meaningful difference in the lives of people. We offer:
- The opportunity to make a meaningful difference in someone’s life.
- On-going learning and career development opportunities.
- Access to exclusive discount offers and savings on entertainment, travel, attractions, shopping, health, wellness, sports and more.
- Flexible schedule.
- Employee Recognition and Rewards Programs.
- Friendly, respectful, supportive and inclusive work environment.
Community Living Mississauga is committed to taking every reasonable precaution to protect employees and people who receive supports and services. In an effort to protect the wellbeing of our employees and the people we support, full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of all positions at Community Living Mississauga. You will be required to submit proof of full vaccination.
Community Living Mississauga values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, including accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose. Please apply directly on our website: https://myavanti.ca/JobsAtCLMiss/Job/Details/198