Maintenance Services Supervisor (District of Nipissing)Maintenance Services Supervisor
Bulletin No. H2022-18
Do you aspire to have a fulfilling career working in the public sector with a locally respected organization? The Maintenance Services Supervisor is responsible for preventative maintenance and repairs of all Nipissing District Housing Corporation corporately owned physical assets of residential and commercial units/properties. The position provides input into the development and monitoring of capital/operating budgets, and oversees risk mitigation programs, ensuring thriving and safe housing communities. The position supervises direct delivery functions supporting quality maintenance including ongoing management, control of preventative maintenance and practices in compliance of Municipal, Provincial and Federal laws and regulations in connection with Building and Fire Codes. The position liaises with service delivery partners, community partners, DNSSAB departments, private sector contractors and staff in support of the effective administration of maintenance services. The DNSSAB offers a competitive salary range of $83,204.20-$94,560.09 per annum, enrollment in OMERS pension and health benefits plans, a team oriented work environment, encourages work-life balance with the right to disconnect, and is committed to ongoing development.
Criminal Record Check within three (3) months is a requirement. Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Proof of vaccination is a requirement.
- Red Seal Trades Electrical Certification is required;
- Three (3) years’ experience in construction management or property management with supervisory experience; Post-secondary community college diploma in Civil Engineering Technology and/or Construction Engineering Technology, or an acceptable combination of education and experience;
- Thorough knowledge of building construction, with a general knowledge of technical aspects of plumbing, HVAC, electrical, roofing systems and landscaping;
- Must have proficiency in all Microsoft Office Software. Software technical expertise is an asset;
- Thorough knowledge of housing policies and procedures as well as related Provincial and Federal legislation and associated regulations i.e.; Housing Services Act, Residential Tenancies Act, Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
- Knowledge of Ontario Regulation 278/05 of the Occupational Health Act, which governs the handling of Asbestos;
- Possess management competencies including results/achievement focus, human resource management, leadership, financial management, business planning, decision making/judgement, representation and professionalism and job knowledge.
- Possess excellent oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to adapt communications to different audiences and mediums.
- Strong time management, organizational and problem solving skills in order to prioritize work activities, and knowledge of dispute resolution techniques.
- May require flexibility of hours and location of work.
- Strong ability to exercise excellent judgement in decision making while maintaining compassion and composure during conflict or emotionally driven situations, and the ability to supervise staff in a unionized environment; work well as a team leader with a highly interactive team.
- A Valid Ontario Driver is License and a reliable vehicle for use on the job.
Applications for the above position will only be accepted through the Plum Recruitment Tool up to 8:30 AM, Monday, October 3rd, 2022. Please follow this link https://bit.ly/3cG5QWq to apply now!
You will be required to create a profile and complete an assessment prior to uploading your cover letter and resume. Your profile will allow you to stand out from your fellow applicants for your unique skillset. See how bright your future could be, come join our team and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
DNSSAB is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with DNSSAB’s Accessibility Policy, accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known to Human Resources in advance. We thank all applicants for their interest. An acknowledgment will be sent only to those candidates who will be interviewed.