Community Partnerships Advisor (Halton Region)Posting ID:
Social & Community Services
Human Services Planning & Program Support
Contract > 1 Year
Up to 24 months
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week
690 Dorval Drive, Oakville 7th floor
September 29, 2022
The Community Partnerships Advisor – Building Safer Communities (BSC) is responsible for providing project management expertise and leadership of the Building Safer Communities Fund (BSCF) initiative in Halton. The position will lead the development and management of a new BSCF Action Table, funding framework and 3-year plan for community-based prevention and intervention strategies to tackle gun and gang violence in Halton. Aligned with Halton’s Community Safety and Well-Being (CSWB) planning activities, the Advisor will provide oversight of the Fund working with community partners and Public Safety Canada.
Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Qualifications
- Lead and support a BSCF Action Table and provide project management support
- Facilitate and lead group processes with community partners
- Develop the funding framework, agreements, and manage the fund
- Monitor BSCF progress through evaluation and reporting with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead the development of a local strategy on gun and gang violence
- Work with Public Safety Canada partners to execute and submit the 3-year agreement and meet reporting requirements
- Develop a sustainability plan beyond the end of the Public Safety Canada contribution agreement
- Develop and assess the efficacy of BSCF prevention and interventions strategies through evaluations
- Develop and disseminate knowledge mobilization products, reports, resources and tools to support BSCF planning and other human service planning initiatives, e.g. developing infographics, presentations, briefing notes, and other materials that contribute to informed BSCF plan
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the principles and practice of equity, diversity and inclusion
- Liaise with internal leadership team
- Supervise staff for high performance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A Masters in a Social Science, Public Health, Human Service or Public/Business Administration or related discipline
- Minimum five years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated project management experience, and extensive knowledge of collective impact/community development principles, and grant administration
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders
- Outstanding oral/written communication skills, advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with research/analysis, strong organizational and event planning skills and an ability to facilitate meetings and group processes
- Be highly proficient in both program and strategic planning methodologies; performance measurement and evaluation
- Possess strong facilitation and presentation skills; and, be able to translate knowledge to a wide range of audiences
- A high level of political acuity, strategic thinking and an ability to work independently and as part of multi-stakeholder team
- An understanding of community safety and well-being planning and knowledge of a wide range of health and human service policy environments and legislation contexts
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
Working/ Employment Conditions
- A broad understanding of the human services sector; and familiarity with Halton’s non-profit/charitable sector
- Working in the children and youth sector violence/crime prevention, or community safety and well-being initiatives
- Experience working with Federal/Provincial agencies on grant management
- As part of the Emergency Social Services (ESS) Team, the incumbent may be required to assume responsibility in a predetermined role supporting Halton’s Emergency response, ensuring the delivery of emergency social services.
- Travel will be required, incumbent must provide their own transportation.
- Flexibility in working hours may also be required.
Important information about your application:
- A current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Records Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- In support of the Region’s commitment to a healthy and safe workplace and community, the Region has a vaccination requirement for all employees. The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on the condition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able to provide proof of vaccination. The candidate will be asked to provide the Region with proof of full vaccination, prior to their employment start date. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If the candidate is unable to vaccinate for a reason protected by the Code, a request for accommodation can be requested and written proof satisfactory to the Region will be required.
- In accordance with requirements in Ontario Regulation 191/11 – Integrated Accessibility Standards and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Region will accommodate the needs of individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please inform the Talent Acquisition representative of the nature of the accommodation(s) you require.
- Please submit your application online. We will accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities and others who are not able to apply online. If you experience any issues with submitting your application, please contact HR Access at 905-825-6000 extension 7700.
- Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on the deadline date specified on the posting.
- We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
- Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
- If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.