Manager, Ontario Works (County of Simcoe)Manager, Ontario Works - (1980)
Permanent - Full Time
Close Date: June 30, 2022
The Manager of Ontario Works is responsible for effectively monitoring front line operations related to the delivery of Ontario Works. This includes the establishment of monitoring processes to ensure Ministry legislation, the policy as well as local policy and procedures are adhered to. In addition, the Manager works with the Quality Assurance Unit to develop and update training requirements that are in line with departmental and Ministry expectations. The Manager of Ontario Works also coordinates all leasehold, logistical and operational changes that are necessary to maintaining a safe and customer centered work environment across 5 satellite, 2 branch office locations, and services delivered at the Administration Centre. The Manager collaborates with Corporate and Social and Community Services Divisional colleagues to identify, explore, and recommend potential opportunities for integration activities, providing leadership to implementation as approved.
- A minimum of six (6) years experience in the municipal/provincial/public sector in progressively responsible positions in the areas of social services administration, including two (2) years as a Manager within the Social Services Sector or similar position is preferred.
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated ability in the following competencies including but not limited to customer service, excellent verbal and strong written communication skills, teamwork, initiative/self-management, accountability, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Experience in the supervision of staff and the administration of employment policies and collective agreements.
- Strong knowledge of social service administration obtained through a degree or diploma in the Social Sciences or related discipline, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and ability to interpret and apply employment policies and collective agreements.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management and presentation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the County’s role as Municipal Consolidated Services Manager which includes function, Legislative framework, and service integration.
- Ability to interpret statistical data as it relates to outcomes and performance levels.
- Ability to interpret a variety of legislation, explain complex issues and make timely decisions in accordance with appropriate legislation, the needs of the organization and public.
- Knowledge of word-processing, presentation software mediums and spreadsheet application skills.
- Valid G Class Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Ability to speak and write French would be considered an asset.
- Criminal reference check with vulnerable sector clearance.
$103,464.00 - $124,159.00 per annum
To apply for this opportunity, please visit: https://simcoe.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/1980.
The County of Simcoe thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act (2001) and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
The Corporation of the County of Simcoe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and will provide employment accommodation upon request.