Program Support Consultant (Region of Halton)
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process.
Halton Region serves more than 595,000 residents throughout Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. We are committed to the delivery of high quality programs and services that make Halton a great place to live and work.
We are proud to operate three quality child care centers where our employees provide a meaningful contribution to the lives of children and families. The Regional Child Care Centers provide an enriched child care environment that nurtures and foster's each child's development by providing the highest quality programs in an inclusive setting.
As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service-focused and award winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment. You will make a meaningful contribution on the lives of children by providing quality care in a family-like atmosphere.
As an employer of choice, Halton Region recognizes the many benefits of hybrid work arrangements including flexibility and better work-life balance for our employees. Where the work permits, employees will have the choice to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals. Please note, this position is eligible for our Hybrid Work Program/Work from Home Arrangement.
Social & Community Services
Children's Services Job Type: Contract < 1 Year Vacancies: 3
up to 12 months
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week
Dorval Drive Office - 690 Dorval Drive, Oakville 5th floor
June 17, 2022
July 4, 2022
This position supports systemic thinking, critical analysis, research, data collection and analysis, and evaluation skills to support service system manager responsibilities and strategic priorities that are responsive to local need in the early years and child care sector. The position supports Halton's role as the CMSM to deliver targeted supports to the early years and child care sector based on an evidence based approach.
Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Qualifications
- Provides information and analytical reports requested by Program Managers and/or the Director on matters pertaining to child care services for use in planning and developing services.
- Designs, conducts and/or contributes to research, evaluation, data collection and planning for the early learning and child care sector (licensed child care and EarlyON Child and Family Centres).
- Provides critical analysis, evaluation, data gathering, and supports establishing metrics to support service system manager responsibilities.
- Supports service systems manager ability to make evidence-informed decisions that are aligned with evolving early years and child care system priorities.
- Project management skills to facilitate change management adhering to relevant child care legislation, funding guidelines and strategic priorities.
- Analyzes and evaluates program related business processes in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operational service, based upon research, internal and external benchmarking, provincial and Council direction.
- Gathers and analyzes information and data on program and services related issues; prepares presentations, impact and options analysis, environmental scans, and statistical reports; monitors and reviews data to identify trends and develop community and divisional strategies.
- Prepares reports, updates, background materials, briefing notes and presentations required by Management on related policies, processes, programs and special projects.
- Works in collaboration with internal and external partners on a variety of projects to support and enhance the delivery of service to children's programs in Halton.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in Human Services related field such as Early Childhood Studies, Child Development, Psychology, Social Sciences or similar from a recognized University.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act, and How Does Learning Happen?
- Demonstrated experience working in collaboration with community partners.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills to work collaboratively with internal and external partners/stakeholders.
- Proficient computer skills to collect and analyze data.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, planning, organizational, time management, project management, facilitation and presentation skills.
Working/ Employment Conditions
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators (CECE).
- A degree in Child Studies or Early Childhood Education.
- Project management skills and experience, with a Project Management Certificate (PMP).
- French language skills or a second language are an asset.
- Travel may be required within Halton Region, incumbent must provide their own transportation .
- Flexibility in working hours may also be required.
Important information about your application:
- A current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Records Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- In support of the Region's commitment to a healthy and safe workplace and community, the Region has a vaccination requirement for all employees. The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on the condition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able to provide proof of vaccination. The candidate will be asked to provide the Region with proof of full vaccination, prior to their employment start date. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If the candidate is unable to vaccinate for a reason protected by the Code, a request for accommodation can be requested and written proof satisfactory to the Region will be required.
- If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
- We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
- Applications will be accepted up to midnight of the application deadline.
- If you experience any issues with submitting your application, please contact HR Access at 905-825-6000 extension 7700.
- Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered.
- Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
- If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.