Child Care Representative (Region of Halton)At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process.
Halton Region serves more than 595,000 residents throughout Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. We are committed to the delivery of high quality programs and services that make Halton a great place to live and work.
We are proud to operate three quality child care centers where our employees provide a meaningful contribution to the lives of children and families. The Regional Child Care Centers provide an enriched child care environment that nurtures and Foster's each child's development by providing the highest quality programs in an inclusive setting.
As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service-focused and award winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment. You will make a meaningful contribution on the lives of children by providing quality care in a family-like atmosphere.
As an employer of choice, Halton Region recognizes the many benefits of hybrid work arrangements including flexibility and better work-life balance for our employees. Where the work permits, employees will have the choice to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals. Please note, this position is eligible for our Hybrid Work Program/Work from Home Arrangement.
Social & Community Services
1 Permanent and 1 Contract position available
up to 12 months
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week
690 Dorval Drive, Oakville 5th floor (Children's Services)
June 13, 2022
June 27, 2022
Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Qualifications
- Interview applicants for assistance with the cost of child care services and determines eligibility at various locations throughout Halton.
- Prepare all appropriate forms including income tests, agreements and consents.
- Review cases for approval with Supervisor as required.
- Determine personal or family issues, providing support in child related matters and/or appropriate referrals.
- Visit active cases on a semi-annual basis to determine continued eligibility.
- Learn, synthesize and apply information in policies and directives pertaining to Child Care Subsidy.
- Participate actively in the Halton Service Coordination initiative.
- Responsible for the completion of all client case notes, correspondence and reports.
- Report to Children's Aid Society as appropriate and maintains understanding of Duty to Report.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or Social Services Diploma or Bachelor's Degree from a recognized Community College or University.
- Two (2) years of related experience.
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators or The Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Working/ Employment Conditions
- Specific experience working with families with complex needs, including demonstrated practical experience in family centred practice, reflective supervision and service coordination.
- Knowledge requirements include child development, family systems.
- Knowledge of relevant Acts, legislations, and frameworks including but not limited to: Canada Wide Early Child Care Learning Plan, Child and Family Service Act, Child Care and Early Years Act, the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy Act, and How Does Learning Happen?
- Familiarity with the Ontario Child Care Management System.
- Travel will be required, incumbent must provide their own transportation.
Important information about your application:
- Current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Records Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screen by the first day of employment.
- A valid driver's license.
- Current complete record of immunization according to the Ontario provincial immunization schedule
- In support of the Region's commitment to a healthy and safe workplace and community, the Region has a vaccination requirement for all employees. The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on the condition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able to provide proof of vaccination. The candidate will be asked to provide the Region with proof of full vaccination, prior to their employment start date. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If the candidate is unable to vaccinate for a reason protected by the Code, a request for accommodation can be requested and written proof satisfactory to the Region will be required.
- If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
- We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
- Applications will be accepted up to midnight of the application deadline.
- If you experience any issues with submitting your application, please contact HR Access at 905-825-6000 extension 7700.
- Applications that are not submitted online will not be considered.
- Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
- If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.