Financial Analyst - Community Services (County of Dufferin)
The County of Dufferin is an upper tier municipality which sits on the fringe of the Greater Toronto Area, about 100 km northwest of Toronto. It is largely a rural county with three urban settlement areas. The region is well known for its rivers, rolling hills and excellent outdoor recreation opportunities. The UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, the Niagara Escarpment, and the world famous Bruce Trail, run through Dufferin offering spectacular vistas and hiking opportunities. Home to over 61,000 residents the area boasts fabulous restaurants, shopping and amenities. We are currently recruiting for a:
FINANCIAL ANALYST – COMMUNITY SERVICES
JOB ID: C49-22
LOCATION: Remote & 30 Centre St., Orangeville, ON
Full time contract (non-union)
DEADLINE TO APPLY: June 29, 2022
Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Finance/Treasurer, the Financial Analyst – Community Services is responsible for financial and program monitoring and reporting for the Community Services Department including monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
What you’ll do
What you’ll bring
- Prepare reports for various housing, Ontario Works and child care programs; submit to Ministry via TPON, EFIS or SAMS reporting system
- Monitor revenues and expenses for rent supplement programs; prepare report for Ministry of Housing as required
- Calculate all housing provider benchmarks annually from Ministry of Housing released Market Rent Index & Indices and prepare notification letter to HP Boards of Directors for Community Services Director's signature
- Prepare monthly EFT file and submit to bank for withdrawal from tenant accounts
- Monitor all child care revenue and expenses and review with Deputy Treasurer and Children’s Services Program Manager
- Track all repayments and reimbursements from Ontario Works clients and input on subsidy submission, follow up on discrepancies with staff
- Ensure correct distribution of expenses and revenue to general ledger accounts; prepare journal entries as required
- Prepare Schedules of Revenues and Expenditures reports annually for review and sign-off by auditors
- Provide back-up to the Accounting Clerk and Financial Analyst as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What we can offer YOU!
- A University degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Three (3) years of accounting experience in a similar position working with Provincial Ministry programs preferred
- Familiarity with accounting and banking software
- The ability to interact effectively and courteously with all levels of staff and contacts in a customer service focused environment; able to build co-operative, collaborative working relationships with internal and external customers and vendors
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft software including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access as well as Yardi, EFIS and TPON
- Knowledge of Ontario’s Housing Services Act and Regulations as well as Ministry funding processes
Ready to apply?
- A competitive hourly wage ranging between $36.01 – $42.13
- Comprehensive health benefits and enrollment in a defined benefit pension plan upon meeting required eligibility requirements
- Access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Unlimited access to live and interactive webinars offered by the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI)
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter before the closing date and time to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As an organization, we have made a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging and are at the beginning of this journey. We recognize the value of diverse perspectives and lived experiences, and the importance of creating an environment that embraces and supports these. We are committed to creating and fostering a workplace where all employees, regardless of race, colour, ancestry, creed (religion), place of origin, ethnic origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, and disability feel a sense of dignity and belonging. As such, we seek to attract, develop, and retain highly talented employees with a variety of identities and backgrounds, in order to better reflect the growing diversity of our region.
Please note that the County of Dufferin requires that all newly hired employees are to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and must provide proof of fully vaccinated status, or provide proof of a medical or Human Rights Code exemption, prior to starting employment.
All applicants are thanked for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will receive a response. Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of job selection and will not be used for any other reason. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.