Intensive Case Management Worker – Community Based Follow-up Support (Homes First Society)
Intensive Case Management Worker – Community Based Follow-up Support
(Bargaining Unit Position)
Homes First Society develops and provides affordable, stable housing and support services to break the cycle of homelessness for people with the fewest housing options.
Hours of Work:
5 days per week, flexible schedule needed with one evening per week (full time permanent position)
$49,860.46-$53,184.49 (dependent upon a 37.5 or 40 hour week)
Submit Resume to: email@example.com
July 8, 2022
APPLICANTS MUST QUOTE “HSW-I”
This position provides a multidisciplinary, specialized mobile team providing in-home, follow-up support services to referred clients. The team will share a caseload of clients, accompany clients to any meetings or appointments and provide rapid rehousing supports stability, while adhering to the mission statement and policies & procedures of Homes First Society. The goal of these roles will be to break the cycle of homelessness and improve housing stability.
- Support clients to stabilize into their housing by going into clients’ communities and units.
- Implement a Case Management intervention with clients who have recently been homeless and have acquired housing.
- Provide Case Management in the community.
- Use existing assessment tools provided by the City for client case planning
- Complete case notes, and support clients towards meeting their recovery goals.
- Provide responsive, client-centered Follow-Up Support Services to help clients stabilize their housing and connect to community-based supports and services
- Support clients to become rehoused who are in the community when their tenancy is no longer viable.
- Complete and regularly update an assessment of housing-related support needs to provide referrals to a wide array of community-based supports, services and programs based on client’s goals, needs and choices
- Provide wrap-around case management supports and liaising/mediation with landlords to stabilize housing
- Support participants in the program to complete individualized case plans that focus on housing stabilization
- System navigation and referrals to a wide array of community-based supports, services and programs based on client’s goals, needs and choices
- Submit data and reports to meet funder and program evaluation expectations
- Implement Housing First, Harm Reduction, Strength-based and Anti-oppressive practices when working with clients to stabilize their housing
- Participate in joint meetings with program housing workers and clients to ensure a smooth transfer after clients have secured permanent housing
- Participate in weekly Client Meetings where client cases are presented and discussed as a team to support clients to stabilize.
- Maintain client records professionally and confidentially in accordance with Homes First standards
- Develop and monitor case management plans including crisis plans for each client
- Participate in staff training and orientation
- Post-secondary degree in Social Work or diploma in Social Service Work.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ case management experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the psychology of addiction, issues underlying addiction, trauma and mental health issues
- Experienced in case management, group facilitation and teaching adults
- Proven interviewing and counselling skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Housing First, Harm Reduction, Strength-based and Anti- oppressive practices
- Exceptional communication skills – written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Able to work independently and in inter-dependent teams, with minimum supervision in a busy and flexible environment
- Mobile and comfortable delivering care in clients’ homes
- Able to trouble-shoot and resolve issues as they arise
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Certificates in First Aid, CPR, Crisis Prevention, Motivational Interviewing, Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training, and Intervention and Cultural-Sensitivity Training an asset
- Experience working in a supportive housing setting an asset
- Ability to work evenings
Working in an environment where there may be smoke is required.
The successful applicant must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to Homes First Society
Homes First Society is an equal opportunity employer
Please no phone calls, only those people selected for interviews will be contacted.
Homes First is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
Please note, all candidates offered a position with Homes First from September 8, 2021 onward must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination status as a condition of employment. Please note Homes First will comply with its human rights obligations and accommodate employees who are legally entitled to accommodation.