Manager, Early Learning & Childcare Services (County of Simcoe)
Temporary - Full Time
Manager, Early Learning & Childcare Services - (1636)
Close Date: January 31, 2022
The Manager, Early Learning and Child Care, provides leadership to a multi-disciplinary team responsible for the co-ordination of a broad range of activities and services related to the planning, development, management, integration, and capacity building of the Licensed Child Care and Early Years System in Simcoe County (including the Cities of Barrie and Orillia).
The Manager provides leadership to the direct delivery of a Child Care Fee Subsidy program and Capacity Building/Quality Assurance Program respectively.
The County administers funding and undertakes related contract management with respect to Purchase of Service, Special Needs Resourcing, Child Care Stabilization programs, Wage Enhancement, EarlyON Child and Family Centres, and Indigenous-Led Early Learning and Child Care Programs.
Reporting to the Director, Children Services, the Manager provides leadership and support to Child Care and Early Years System service providers.
As required, the Manager liaises and plans with broader community partners including Parents, School Boards, Public Health, Community Colleges, the Ministry of Education, Consolidated Municipal Service Manager Colleagues, and the Ontario Municipal Social Service Association.
The Manager is responsible for development and maintenance of a local Child Care and Early Years’ Service Plan that identifies and speaks to community needs, and articulates strategies to meet identified service demands.
The Manager collaborates with Corporate and Social and Community Services Divisional colleagues to identify, explore, and recommend potential opportunities for integration activities, providing leadership to implementation as approved.
- A minimum of six (6) years’ experience in the Municipal / Provincial / public sector in progressively responsible positions in the areas of social services administration/ community development, and project management in human services or other related areas, including two (2) years’ experience as a Manager in Human Services / Social Services sector or similar position is preferred.
- Experience in leading and implementing change and demonstrated competencies in community development in collaborative multidisciplinary arena.
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated ability in the following competencies including but not limited to: customer service, excellent verbal and strong written communication skills, team work, initiative/self-management, accountability, and flexibility and adaptability.
- Experience in the supervision of staff and the administration of employment policies and collective agreements.
- Experience and demonstrated competency in systems planning, capacity building, as well as developing and assessing measurable outcomes.
- Degree in Social Sciences, Health, or Public Administration or a related discipline pertinent to job functions, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators would be considered an asset.
- Highly developed analytical and business planning skills with a proven track record for long-term visioning and big picture thinking.
- Highly effective leadership, facilitation, communication, presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a multi-disciplinary team in a results oriented environment.
- Current and detailed understanding of the policy environment and government operations.
- Knowledge of management theory, organizational behaviour, and program effectiveness.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, Internet, and Database applications.
- A working knowledge of the Ontario Child Care Management System (OCCMS) would be considered an asset.
- A high-level understanding of the purpose/function of other divisional departments including Ontario Works, Social Housing, and Community Services.
- Proven ability to contribute meaningfully to the strategic and business planning processes and direction of the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, facilitation skills, and presentation skills. Highly developed interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively at all organizational levels.
- Sound knowledge of Children and Community Services programs, relevant legislation such as Child Care and Early Years Act and Ontario Works, contractual obligations and applicable policies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Health and Safety Act and applicable regulations as it relates to the position.
- Must possess a valid Class “G” Driver’s License.
- Criminal reference check with vulnerable sector clearance.
$103,464.00 - $124,159.00
To apply for this opportunity, please visit our Careers page at www.simcoe.ca/jobs
The County of Simcoe thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act (2001) and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
The Corporation of the County of Simcoe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and will provide employment accommodation upon request.