Supervisor, Ontario Works (Community Access) 2022-11280, Region of PeelSupervisor, Ontario Works (Community Access) 2022-11280
Human Services - Community Access
5 Contract Full Time positions - 13 Month Duration
Are you an inspirational & innovative leader
who promotes a culture of inclusion
, high performance and collaboration;
that values agility
and a commitment
to delivering effective social service programs and services?
Do you have a strong understanding of social service program areas and a commitment to delivering client focused and efficient services that meet the needs of our communities and are aligned to the outcomes of the Region of Peel’s Strategic Plan?
If so, this may be an opportunity for you…
The Community Access Division in the Human Services Department provides employment, financial and social support to the residents of Peel to assist them in attaining as independent and stable of a role in the community as possible. The Division supports and encourages the co-operation of government, private and non-profit sectors in the delivery of such services in the Peel community.
We are looking for strategic and innovative leaders
who will support, coach, and contribute to the success of each individual, as they support their clients to become self-sufficient.
Previous supervisory, mentoring and coaching experiences are must haves for these opportunities.
What you will do:
- Leads a team of employees who are responsible for the administration of both the employment and income aspects of the Ontario Works programs
- Overall staff management including coaching, training, development, mentorship, etc. of designated staff within the area
- Audits work of the team and conducts follow-up meetings with staff
- Provides training and advisory support
- Evaluates and monitors staff performance and achievement of objectives
- Completes and maintains statistical reports
- Interprets and evaluates information to improve existing programs or to develop new approaches or processes
- Ensures quality work delivery and that service standards are exceeded or met
- Uses considerable judgement to problem-solve and arrive at recommendations or conclusions
What we require:
- Post-secondary education in Social Services or a related discipline combined with least five years’ experience in the social services field
- 1-3 years of direct supervisory experience leading staff within a unionized environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team including coaching, development, mentorship, etc. of designated staff within the area
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and monitor staff performance of achievement of objectives, including audit of work of the team
- Advanced knowledge of employment and income assistance programs
- Extensive knowledge of applicable legislative requirements and program controls
- Well-developed communication skills both verbal and written
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work within a fast paced environment
- Ability to develop and monitor budgets
- Ability to interpret and evaluate information to improve existing programs or to develop new approaches or processes
- Ability to persuade, influence or negotiate with external contacts
Location: Due to Covid-19, some of our offices are working at limited capacity to protect the health and safety of our employees, clients and community. As such, this position will be required to work both remotely and in the office on rotational basis for an undetermined period. Once working onsite, you will report to either 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton or 7120 Hurontario Street, Mississauga.
We are committed to supporting community recovery from COVID-19. This plan will follow a phased approach that is guided by Public Health and Ontario's Framework for reopening. Get details
35 Hours per week; Monday-Friday
Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
New employees who commence employment on or after October 1, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Region of Peel reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/, or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated, a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.