Program Assistant, Housing, County of Dufferin
The County of Dufferin is an upper tier municipality which sits on the fringe of the Greater Toronto Area, about 100 km northwest of Toronto. It is largely a rural county with three urban settlement areas. The region is well known for its rivers, rolling hills and excellent outdoor recreation opportunities. The UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, the Niagara Escarpment and the world famous Bruce Trail, run through Dufferin offering spectacular vistas and hiking opportunities. Home to over 61,000 residents the area boasts fabulous restaurants, shopping and amenities. We are currently recruiting for a Program Assistant - Housing, permanent full time.
|JOB ID: C03-22
||LOCATION: Remote & 30 Centre Street., Organgeville, ON
|JOB TYPE: Permanent Full Time (Non-Union)
||DEADLINE TO APPLY: 4:30 p.m. on January 20, 2022
Reporting to the Housing Program Supervisor, the Program Assistant provides a wide range of program and
administrative support services to staff and clients which support the delivery of Community Services
What you’ll do
- Provide excellent customer service (in-person and over the phone) by greeting visitors/clients, determining service required, responding to questions, scheduling/rescheduling appointments, and taking messages/re-directing to staff/agencies
- Make appropriate referrals to support clients (i.e. referrals to community housing, employment services, child care subsidy, external community agencies, etc.)
- Provide clients with required program information, forms and applications and assist in completing the forms and applications where needed
- Perform data entry and changes into relevant database(s) to record and validate client information from phone calls and/or personal visits
- Act as a liaison for clients and work to empower clients to advocate for themselves
- Complete third party checks. (Equifax, Ministry of Transportation Ontario (MTO), OSAP, Employment Insurance (EI), etc.)
- Process cheques/payments within prescribed timelines and complete monthly cheque runs for clients and service providers as required
- Keep record of all incoming payments, repayments, reimbursements and cancelled cheques
- Accept rental payments as required from tenants
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- A post-secondary certificate or diploma in Social Services, Human Services or a related field.
- A minimum two (2) years demonstrated experience working in a social services environment providing administrative support
- Exceptional customer service skills with respect to providing accurate information to and communicating with, service providers, the general public and/or staff to address a variety of inquiries
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills with the ability to meet deadlines and assess priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to facilitate interaction with management, employees and representatives from external agencies including the general public
- Knowledge and understanding of supports required in servicing a vulnerable population
- Knowledge of crisis intervention and conflict resolution techniques
- A clear criminal reference check including vulnerable sector screening.
What we can offer YOU!
- A competitive hourly wage ranging between $28.91 – $33.81
- Comprehensive health benefits and enrollment in a defined benefit pension plan
- Access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Unlimited access to live and interactive webinars offered by the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI)
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
Ready to apply?
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter before the closing date and time to: email@example.com
As an organization, we have made a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging and are at the beginning of this journey. We recognize the value of diverse perspectives and lived experiences, and the importance of creating an environment that embraces and supports these. We are committed to creating and fostering a workplace where all employees, regardless of race, colour, ancestry, creed (religion), place of origin, ethnic origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, and disability feel a sense of dignity and belonging. As such, we seek to attract, develop, and retain highly talented employees with a variety of identities and backgrounds, in order to better reflect the growing diversity of our region.
Please note that the County of Dufferin requires that all newly hired employees are to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and must provide proof of fully vaccinated status, or provide proof of a medical or Human Rights Code exemption, prior to starting employment.
All applicants are thanked for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will receive a response. Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of job selection and will not be used for any other reason. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.