Supervisor Housing Client Services (Region of Peel)
Human Services- Housing Services
Posting Deadline: January 18, 2022
Are you an experienced leader who enjoys coaching, mentoring and directing a multi-disciplinary team?
Do you bring experience leading through change? Do you have strong political acuity and business acumen?
This may be the leadership opportunity
The Supervisor of Housing Client Services is responsible for supervising the direct delivery of housing services to Peel residents, including those who are homeless, at risk of being homeless, or require supports to obtain and /or maintain affordable housing.
The Supervisor leads a team comprised of Housing Support Workers, Housing Representatives and Administrative Support staff, to assess housing needs, support client system navigation, address needs based on client acuity and ensure appropriate wrap around services are in place for successful tenancy.
What you will do:
- Supervises and leads unionized staff through various activities including: hiring, coaching, motivating, disciplining, assigning and delegating work, developing job objectives, and evaluating and monitoring performance
- Supervises the delivery of various housing programs, including rent supplement programs, tenant supports, eviction prevention, coordinated access and housing waitlist management
- Supervises the delivery of intensive case management to clients with multiple and complex barriers requiring long term intervention
- Develops and maintains effective and positive relationships with service providers to support the delivery of housing programs and services
- Audits work of the team and conducts follow-up meetings with staff
- Identifies and communicates resource requirements to meet operational needs and commitments
- Completes and maintains statistical reports
- Interprets and evaluates information to improve existing housing programs or services, or to develop new approaches or processes
- Completes reports, briefings for senior management and Council as required
What we require:
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.
- Post-secondary education in a Human Services or related field combined with 5 years of experience in housing, homelessness and/or the human services field or an equivalent combination of education & experience
- Three years of previous supervisory/leadership experience preferably within the unionized environment
- Working knowledge of the housing and homelessness services sectors, Housing Services Act and the current social housing operating and accountability framework in Ontario
- Experience, understanding and respect for partnering community organizations and groups
- Commitment to ongoing learning and continuous improvement and to supporting and motivating staff to do the same
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work with staff, community partners, other levels of government, senior management and Council
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interpret and evaluate information to improve existing programs or to develop new approaches or processes
- Ability to persuade, influence or negotiate with external contacts
Due to Covid-19, some of our offices are working at limited capacity to protect the health and safety of our employees, clients and community. As such, this position will be required to work remotely for an undetermined period. Once working onsite, you will report to 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton.
We are committed to supporting community recovery from COVID-19. This plan will follow a phased approach that is guided by Public Health and Ontario's Framework for reopening. Get details
35 Hours per week; Monday-Friday
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
New employees who commence employment on or after October 1, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Region of Peel reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/, or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated, a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.