Emergency Management Coordinator, Social Services (Regional Municipality of Durham)
DELIVERING SERVICE EXCELLENCE www.durham.ca
The Region of Durham, dedicated to maintaining outstanding standards of service, relies on the expertise and commitment of our employees. You’d be surprised at the diverse career choices we have to offer! If you seek a career with growth and challenge, where quality and accountability work in tandem with integrity and a responsiveness to change, we welcome you to learn more about us.
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR, SOCIAL SERVICES (REGULAR FULL-TIME) – JOB ID 15172
Reporting to the Director, Business Affairs and Financial Management, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development and maintenance of emergency management policies, plans and procedures to ensure that the Social Services Department has an effective and coordinated response to emergencies.
The incumbent will:
- Develop, coordinate, implement and maintain all components of the Social Services Emergency Management program including policies, plans, procedures, training, exercises, and public education, according to legislated responsibilities
- Lead and support the analysis, development and maintenance of Social Services emergency management, business continuity, and nuclear emergency plans and programs
- Build effective teams within the department to coordinate the risk identification, mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery elements of the program strategies
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with Regional staff in all departments, elected officials, local Municipalities, Durham Regional Police Service, Fire Departments, School Boards, Hospitals, other community agencies, and the business sector
- Undertake research and analysis and prepare technical reports and briefings to all levels of the organization, including the Social Services Executive Team and the Commissioner
- Organize, plan, and execute emergency management exercises involving various stakeholders
- Represent the Region and the Social Services Department on various internal/external committees comprised of senior personnel from all levels of government, industry, and private sector organizations and/or the public
- Participate in an on-call rotation as a 24/7 point of contact for emergency notifications and activation, including a response role on behalf of the Social Services Department
The successful applicant will possess:
- A University degree in a Social Sciences, Emergency Management or related discipline combined with directly related emergency services/planning experience or a post-secondary diploma in a Social Sciences, Emergency Management, or related discipline with extensive directly related emergency services/planning experience
- Certification in Teaching and Training Adults or be willing to obtain
- Certificate as an Emergency Management Instructor or be willing to obtain
- Community Emergency Management Coordinator (CEMC) qualification or be willing to obtain
- Demonstrated experience developing, writing, and implementing operational emergency response plans and procedures
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering training
- Demonstrated experience managing the design, conduct, after action reporting and/or participation in exercises
- Knowledge and practical application of emergency management concepts, policy and practice
- Detailed knowledge of Social Services programs, organizational structures and staffing
- Knowledge of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, Ontario Works Act 1997, Ontario Disability Support Program Act 1997, Child Care and Early Years Act 2014, Housing Services Act 2011, Long Term Care Homes Act 2007 and Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
Start: $50.91 - Six Month: $53.74 - Job: $56.57
To learn more about this opportunity, please visit us at: https://bit.ly/3EoejWV and apply online directly to Job ID#15172 no later than December 1, 2021.
We thank all applicants; however, only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.