Ontario Works Supervisor (County of Lanark)
Lanark County is seeking a high energy, dynamic, professional to fill the following regular full-time opportunity in our Social Services Department starting as soon as possible.
ONTARIO WORKS SUPERVISOR
Reporting to the Ontario Works Manager, the incumbent will provide leadership, direction, planning, coordination and customer service for the Ontario Works program and Ontario Works staff. Assist with the development and implementation of program goals, objectives, policies and procedures and ministry and municipal budgets. Provide support to the Ontario Works Manager, assisting as needed with tasks and projects. Ensure staff are provided with and use the appropriate training and/or procedures, equipment and material to perform assigned duties. Ensure that all employees perform work in accordance with relevant Health and Safety Legislation.
- 3 year Diploma in social services or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ of related progressive experience, including supervisory ideally in Ontario Works, ODSP, or related social service agency.
- Requires excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to negotiate, problem solve and prioritize.
- Requires a high level of computer proficiency in current and program related technologies.
- Demonstrated supervisory, leadership and financial budgeting skills.
- Sound working knowledge of Ontario Works legislation and the Ontario Disability Support Program is an asset.
- Experience supervising in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license and have access to a vehicle in order to attend off site meetings on a weekly basis.
In addition to a competitive salary (2021 Non Union Group Salary Grid, Level 7 ($64,191.00 to $82,828.00), we offer a comprehensive compensation package. The hours of work are 35 hours per week with the ability to work overtime as required. Overtime is not compensated (management lieu-time only).
The Lanark County employee slogan is “Working Together to Achieve Greatness.” If you embrace this ideal and you meet the position qualifications outlined above, we look forward to receiving a detailed résumé no later than Thursday, December 2nd, 2021 quoting job posting SS2021-013
Lanark County Administration Building, Human Resources, 99 Christie Lake Road, PERTH, ON, K7H 3C6; Fax #: 613-267-2539; Email: email@example.com
When emailing your application, please ensure your cover letter, résumé and any other related documents are submitted in one file preferably MSWord (.doc or .docx) or Adobe (.pdf). Email subject line should include your “name” and job posting number “SS2021?013”. (example: Jane/John Doe SS2021-013)
Lanark County is an organization that strives to embrace the spirit of inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and barrier-free environment in which all individuals have access to the County's goods, services and facilities. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We would like to thank all who apply, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Note: Personal information collected from applications is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about the collection of Information should be directed to the Human Resources Department at the address indicated above.