Manager, Housing Stability (City of Brantford)
Job ID# 1226
Reporting to the Director of Housing & Homelessness, the Manager, Housing Stability is responsible for the contractual management of hostel operators and homelessness agencies providing support, remediation and diversion strategies to ensure for efficient provision of hostels & homelessness services in Brantford and Brant County. The position will provide team leadership in development of stability system plans and solutions for new homelessness or emergency funding initiatives or and implementation of evidence based strategies, programs and activities related to homelessness and related emergency services. The position is responsible to develop, manage and administer annual and multi-year Capital and Operating budges for the Housing Stability Unit.
- Candidates must possess a post-secondary degree in Business/Public Administration/ Social Sciences, or equivalent program of study
- Up to 5 years of experience in administration of hostels and homelessness services
- 2 years of experience working with federal or provincial funding agreements, purchasing and contract management
- 2 years of experience in an area related to management in the public sector
- Knowledge and interpretation of the relevant Acts and Regulations (Housing Services Act, National Housing Act, other relevant Federal/Provincial/Municipal Housing related codes and by-laws, Hostels and Homelessness legislation)
- Working knowledge of computer software applications
- On occasion there is a requirement to work outside of normal business hours to accommodate a response to emergency situation
$52.06 to $65.07 per hour (based on 35 hours a week) plus benefits.
To apply on-line, please visit the City of Brantford website at https://careers.brantford.ca/
and click on Current Opportunities.
Closing date for applications: Thursday, April 15, 2021, at 4:30 p.m.
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.