Information Systems Coordinator (London & Middlesex Community Housing)
Reports To: Manager, Information Systems
Date Posted: June 18, 2020
Closing Date: July 9, 2020
Who We Are
London & Middlesex Community Housing (LMCH) provides 3,282 housing units across 32 properties to more than 5,000 people. Those who call LMCH home are a diverse cross-section of individuals including families, seniors, adults, and new Canadians, all of whom are living with limited income. At LMCH, we believe that housing is the foundation of a better tomorrow.
LMCH provides and maintains homes in a safe and supportive
environment to meet the needs of the people we serve in our communities.
LMCH envisions healthy homes and communities in London and Middlesex. Leading by example, LMCH will help make a difference and positively impact lives using housing as the foundation.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Information Systems Coordinator, under the direction of the Manager, Information Systems, will mainly be responsible for acting as the primary point of contact to provide internal technology support to LMCH staff. The Information Systems Coordinator will also monitor and maintain enterprise network infrastructure as well as enterprise servers and services.This permanent, full-time non-bargaining unit position will troubleshoot errors and fix system issues via periodic testing, help desk tickets, and other methods. The Information Systems Coordinator must possess a degree or diploma in computer science, computer systems management, web design, or a field related to the industry and three years of related experience.
- Provide internal technology support, such as desktop support, software updates, and hardware maintenance.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to employees.
- Identify and troubleshoot errors and fix system issues via periodic testing, help desk tickets, and other methods.
- Assist in the implementation, deployment, and operation of information systems and technology solutions for business needs.
- Assess and document the requirements of end-users.
- Create and manage Active Directory credentials and information.
- Provide orientation to new users of existing technology.
- Perform in-person, on-site repairs of PC desktop hardware, printers, and other peripherals.
- Analyze complex business needs presented by staff and recommend technical solutions to the Manager of Information Systems.
- Maintain and adjust configurations of the hosted phone system as needed.
- Evaluate hardware and software to ensure that it meets company requirements.
- Assist with the planning, approval, and implementation of technology projects.
- Integrate and implement business solutions related to information technology.
- Stay informed on new or emerging trends and technologies that provide clear benefits to the organization, business partners, and/or customers/clients.
- Provide formal training on a variety of office software to LMCH staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The majority of the working hours of this position will be Monday – Friday 8:30 – 4:30. Given the nature of this position, occasional evening or weekend work will be required for project completion and system maintenance.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree or diploma in computer science, computer systems management, web design, or a field related to the industry.
- Three years of related experience.
- Experience managing Microsoft Server 2019/2016, Office 365, and VMW are virtual environments.
- Experience with network design and IT security best practices.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Teams, Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Office 2019/2016.
- Experience with SonicWall firewalls, Ubiquiti switches and wireless access points, and Point-to-Point networking.
- Certifications or licenses appropriate to industry.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical members of the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- High level of integrity and work ethic, with exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands; results-oriented.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment.
- Accountable, with great attention to detail.
- Commitment to Health & Safety and Continuous Improvement.
- Innovative with an aptitude for problem solving.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, have access to a reliable vehicle, and carry adequate insurance.
WE CARE PHILOSOPHY:
The incumbent contributes and supports the overall culture and working environment of the agency by:
- Having a working knowledge of cultural, social, and demographic patterns relating to vulnerable priority populations.
- Committing to harm reduction and low-barrier service, as well as non-violent crisis intervention, de-escalation, and supporting citizens.
- Committing to work in a diverse, interdisciplinary setting.
- Understanding and being sensitive towards the belief systems of other groups, the complexity of those facing poverty, and their individual unique strengths and needs.
- Setting an example of a strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Working with diverse communities with sensitivity, creativity, innovation, language and cultural understanding in a non-judgmental manner.
POLICE RECORDS CHECK and VULNERABLE POSITION SCREENING:
This position requires the successful candidate submit a current Police Records check from their local police service. A current LMCH employee who is the successful candidate for this position must also provide this document unless
it is already on file and not
more than one year old.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Annual salary range of $58, 416 to $73,955; we also offer comprehensive health benefits and a defined benefit pension plan.
Once you apply, we’ll review your resume and cover letter to determine if your skills and experience match the qualifications for the role.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for next steps.
If you move forward, the process may include an interview, written/practical test, and reference check.
Here's your chance to bring your knowledge and expertise to our team and contribute to providing better homes and better neighbourhoods. When submitting your cover letter and resume, be sure to tell us about your skills and qualifications that are a match to those specified in the job posting.
A cover letter and resume must be received by 4:30pm, July 9, 2020.
Late applications will not be considered.
Please send your cover letter and resume to the attention of:
Manager, People & Culture
London & Middlesex Community Housing
1299 Oxford Street East, Unit 5C5 London, ON, N5Y 4W5
London & Middlesex Community Housing (LMCH) is committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free workplace that reflects the communities we serve.
We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities at all stages of the hiring process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Please advise if you require an accommodation during the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in London & Middlesex Community Housing!