Manager, Muskoka Home Child Care Agency (District of Muskoka)
The District of Muskoka is seeking an experienced and motivated individual with a passion for providing excellent child care administration to join our childcare team within the Community and Planning Services department.
Reporting to the Manager, Children’s Services, the Manager, Muskoka Home Child Care Agency is responsible for the operations of the Muskoka Home Child Care Agency (MHCCA) including the day to day management of staff, program development, achieving program targets, and marketing. This individual provides leadership in child care initiatives and works with providers, families and community agencies to ensure the highest quality child care services are provided.
The Manager, Muskoka Home Child Care Agency is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Ensuring legislative and regulatory requirements of the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 are being followed by the MHCCA and takes immediate action to rectify any issues related to non-compliance
- Coordinating all administrative aspects of the MHCCA programs including financial duties such as; approving parent billing and provider payments and assisting in reconciliations; inputting data in the Ontario Child Care Management System and other data management systems
- Managing, motivating and supporting employees in the areas of best practices, team action plans, eligibility and specific child care initiatives as well as ensures adherence to the College of ECE’s Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Managing employees in a manner consistent with District values, policies and procedures, including selection, work scheduling, training and performance evaluation.
- Communicating effectively with providers, parents, team members, community professionals, students and volunteers with respect to program philosophy, policies and procedures, protocols, roles and responsibilities
- Managing the approval and ongoing eligibility of providers through screening, training and monitoring and prepares, updates and reviews service agreements with approved providers
- Monitoring trends and best practices and provides analysis and recommendations to respond to emerging child care needs to assist in the creation of local child care plans
- Assisting with the preparation of MHCCA budget
- Aiding in the development of policies and procedures relating to MHCCA program delivery
- Contributing to the development of marketing tools, public relations/media material and brochures in line with provincial standards
- Working in cooperation with the Quality Improvement program to develop and maintain quality standards; and
- Related duties, as assigned.
Why the District of Muskoka?
Muskoka is a great place to live and play! We are a four-season municipality that offers a balance between family life and work. We are built around supportive and caring communities that are always growing, with wonderful schools and facilities. Watch our video
to learn more!
As the Upper Tier Regional Municipality, we partner with the six Area Municipalities to work together through sound governance, managing the legacy of a healthy Muskoka by protecting the natural environment, driving a vibrant economy and enhancing the inclusiveness of our caring community.
What You Will Bring To Us
As a self-directed individual, you will have the knowledge of evidence based and prevailing practices of Early Childhood Education and pedagogy. You will also excellent presentation and problem solving skills, coupled with well-developed communication skills. You will be well versed with the community supports available to families and children within the Muskoka region. Words you may use to describe yourself include coach/ motivator, confident, nimble, calm and patient.
On the practical side, you will be a graduate of a two-year post-secondary program in Early Childhood Education and a registered member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educator (RECE). You will have three (3) years of directly related experience successfully working with children and families as well as leading and managing a multi-disciplinary team of staff.
What We Offer
The District offers a competitive salary package, including a comprehensive health and dental benefits plan, and enrollment in the OMERS (Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System) pension plan. We foster a professional, friendly and supportive team atmosphere and continuously strive to provide a working environment where the best people want to work. We have a strong focus on health & wellness, as well as community involvement - the people who work at the District are passionate about the community that they live in! The District is committed to creating and promoting diversity, accessibility and inclusion in the workplace.
The Annualized Salary range for this non-union staff position is: $ 71,457 - $ 84,132
How to Apply
If you have the necessary skills, experience and qualifications, and can support our Vision and Values of RISE (Respect and Integrity, Innovative Leadership, Synergy and Experiences), please review the “How to Apply”
instructions on our Website and then submit your application: https://www.muskoka.on.ca/en/district-government/Career-Opportunities.aspx
Once you have reviewed the instructions, please click on the “Apply Now
” link, next to the posting, to submit your application in the specified format. If an “Apply Now” link does not exist, we are no longer accepting applications to the posting.
POSTING CLOSING DATE: Monday, July 6, 2020 @ 12:00 NOON
The District Municipality of Muskoka is committed to meeting its obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources department as soon as possible. Accommodation may be provided in all steps of the hiring process.
Any questions regarding this posting should be directed to the Human Resources Department.