Manager, Child Care & Children's Community Program (York Region)
Manager, Child Care & Children's Community Program #25145
Community and Health Services Department
Social Services Branch
520 Cane Parkway, Newmarket
Temporary Full-Time, Approx. 18 months
SCHEDULED WEEKLY HOURS:
0830 – 1630
$117,209 to $137,867 annually
This is a Replacement Non-Union position
Reporting to the Director, Integrated Children Services, the position is responsible for directing, planning for and administering funding agreements with child care operators for the delivery of fee assistance and the general operating grant; planning and administering funding agreements to deliver community-based family strengthening programs, recreation and after school programs; evaluating programs and services provided; overseeing the technical development and implementation of the Ontario Child Care Management System (OCCMS); managing service levels and wait lists; supporting implementation of system reform and the stability of the system through education and planning for early learning services and planning for future system enhancements to service system reforms and improvements that meet provincial and regional goals and objectives; strengthening connections with Inclusion Support Services, Infant Child Development Services (Early Intervention Services), and EarlyON programs and services, and advancing approaches to service integration.
- Develops, implements, plans for and directs programs, service delivery models, and initiatives to meet child care services and children’s community program objectives and directions, in consultation with the Director.
- Monitors and evaluates program delivery to meet goals and objectives of the Branch and the Department while ensuring that standards are met and are in compliance with governing legislation.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities for integrated services.
- Assists the Director in preparing, recommending, monitoring and controlling the Branch budget; prepares the business unit annual budget, special project budgets, and work plans.
- Continually monitors expenditures to ensure compliance to budget and the effective and efficient use of provincial and regional funding including recommending and monitoring expenditures under provincial transfer payment contracts for child care and OCCMS.
- Plan current and future system enhancements and formulation of strategic initiatives to support stability of the child care system, meeting needs of residents/families with young children.Assists in the overall direction of setting goals, objectives, developing policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements practices and mechanisms that measure and report service delivery, customer satisfaction, and service quality objectives.
- Reviews and analyzes child care requirements, service levels, wait lists and needs in the community; makes recommendations to implement changes that will improve service delivery to meet these needs.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Child and Family Studies, Social Science or a related Program, or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience managing the delivery of children’s programs and services within a multi-layered organizational structure with responsibilities for program management, human resource management and budget accountability for delivery of services.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Sound knowledge of child care programs, community services and resources, and relevant social issues.
- Sound knowledge of the Ontario Child Care Management System (OCCMS) OR Child Care Management Systems.
- Leadership competencies including operating strategically, leveraging diversity and differences, customer focused, ensuring accountability, managing complex problems, financial management, employing interactive and effective communication, fostering collaborative relationships, cultivating engagement to drive vision and purpose, managing and developing talent, establishing and maintaining trust, displaying self-awareness, and demonstrating resiliency.
Please apply online by clicking here
by February 26, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
York Region is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At the Region, we respect, encourage and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.