Program Support Analyst (Region of Halton)
Department: Social & Community Services
Division: Employment & Social Services
Position: Program Support Analyst
This is a temporary full-time position working 35 hours per week until December 31, 2020.
We engage great people who contribute to meaningful work that makes a positive difference in our community. As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service focused and award winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment. At Halton, you are encouraged to grow and succeed in your career and are recognized for your accomplishments and contributions.
You make a positive difference in people’s lives because you provide high quality customer centered services. You operate within a highly ethical environment and will be accountable for going the extra mile, listening to your customers, creatively meeting needs and always being respectful to those you serve. As a result, you will be part of a qualified and strategic team recognized widely for caring, excellence, integrity, inclusiveness and flexibility.
The Program Support Analyst is responsible for providing program support and strategic advice to the Employment and Social Services Division. This includes project management; researching, developing and analyzing innovative and strategic plans / programs to respond to community needs; preparing environmental scans; developing cross-functional linkages to ensure that approaches and programs align with Regional, Departmental and Divisional goals as well as Provincial / Federal funding; preparing briefing notes, business cases and Regional Council reports.
Successful completion of a university degree in Business or Public Administration, Planning or Social Sciences, or a related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years related experience, ideally in a municipal or provincial public sector context. Superior ability in the areas of business and program analysis, program design, policy, human services planning, project management, data management, analytics, and research. Project Management Professional (PMP) designation would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the Division’s program delivery operations, programs and services, the communities served, and client / population social issues.
- Broad knowledge of legislation, policy environments and systems issues within the human services sector in order to formulate options, impacts and risks to stakeholders.
- Superior analytical, evaluation and planning skills to conduct program and policy analysis to address complex business issues.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to identify, analyze and synthesize information and data, interpret legislation and policy, and develop recommendations on a wide range of community services and social planning activities.
- Knowledge and experience applying project management and change management methodologies. Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills to communicate specialized information to a wide range of audiences, lead and direct work groups and interdisciplinary teams. Innovative thinking skills with the agility to adapt to changing environments, working both independently and in a team environment.
- Political acuity in working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Expert Microsoft Office skills
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Records Check. Travel will be required. Incumbent must provide their own transportation. The incumbent will be required to provide a copy of their driver’s license by their first day of employment.
- Provide expert guidance and leadership in conducting business and program analysis, research, and overall coordination for key projects in consultation with various divisional programs and external community stakeholders.
- Prepare and/or deliver presentations, author briefing notes or information reports for a wide variety of audiences including drafting communications for divisional staff.
- Develop an informed response to federal/provincial policy initiatives.
- Provide regular reporting on outcomes and trend analysis to inform evidence-based policy / program development and management.
- Conduct environmental and jurisdictional scans to inform service system management.
- Lead and support program planning and evaluation to deliver effective and efficient integrated human services.
- Conceptualize, investigate and propose options to improve business processes and program delivery.
- Support data management and analysis to inform human service planning including data compilation from internal and external sources, managing data quality, and using data visualization to convey results and identify priority issues.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to support alignment with corporate strategies as well as departmental and divisional priorities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
February 3, 2020
February 17, 2020
Apply Online at: Halton Job Postings
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.