Call for Proposals: 2020 Annual Conference
OMSSA is calling for proposals for "OMSSA Exchange"
our 2020 Annual Conference happening May 11-13, 2020
at the Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel, 5875 Airport Road, Toronto. This two-day conference will bring together 300+ members and delegates from across human services to learn, exchange knowledge, discuss fresh new ideas, and celebrate the good work being done across our sector.
We are seeking proposals for plenary and breakout sessions from OMSSA members, provincial and federal governments, academics, think tanks, subject matter experts, community partners and other human services organizations in Ontario, across Canada, and internationally. Sessions should be designed to be interactive, and to provide ample time for dialogue, audience questions and the exchange of ideas.
Based on our research, attendees are particularly interested in the following topics:
Looking for ideas on sessions that delegates have enjoyed in the past? See what happened at our 2019 conference
- Housing and Homelessness
- Early Years
- Life Stabilization
- Mental Health and Addiction
- Human Trafficking (advanced session)
- Community Safety and Well-Being Plans
- Indigenous Cultural Safety
- Mitigating Unconscious Bias / Anti-Discrimination Practices
- Working with Resistant Clients
- Aligning Community Responses to Housing, Mental Health and Addictions
- Human Services Outcomes (across different sectors)
- Leveraging Data (telling stories with data, demonstrating return on investment, turning data into actionable plans, data stewardship, etc.)
- Innovations and Technology in Human Services
- Linking Provincial and Municipal Human Services Integration
Submission Process and Deadline
More details are available in the proposal submission form below. Please complete and submit your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org
by Friday, February 14, 2020
. We look forward to reading your proposal.
Access the Proposal Submission Form
What is OMSSA Exchange?
“OMSSA Exchange” is our new and updated take on OMSSA's flagship annual conference, formerly known as the Leadership Symposium.
In addition to featuring thought-provoking keynotes and in-depth breakout sessions, OMSSA Exchange will include valuable, structured opportunities for delegates to network, exchange knowledge and engage in collaborative problem-solving on key challenges for our sector.
It will also be a chance to showcase, recognize and celebrate the good work of our members, through our annual Awards Banquet and other opportunities to learn more about how our members our innovating to provide the best human services outcomes for their communities.