Call for Proposals: 2020 Annual Conference
OMSSA is calling for proposals for "OMSSA Exchange"
our 2020 Annual Conference happening May 11-13, 2020
at the Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel, 5875 Airport Road, Toronto. This two-day conference will bring together 300+ members and delegates from across human services to learn, exchange knowledge, discuss fresh new ideas, and celebrate the good work being done across our sector.
We are seeking proposals for plenary and breakout sessions from OMSSA members, provincial and federal governments, academics, think tanks, subject matter experts, community partners and other human services organizations in Ontario, across Canada, and internationally. Sessions should be designed to be interactive, and to provide ample time for dialogue, audience questions and the exchange of ideas.
We are seeking proposals for presentations exploring the following topics and themes:
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Connecting the dots between human services and overall health:
- Enabling staff to serve clients with health, mental health and addictions challenges
- Working with community partners to improve access and align service approaches in housing, mental health, and addictions
- Children’s and youth mental health
- Providing safe working environments for staff
- Self-care: compassion fatigue, building resiliency
DATA AND OUTCOMES
Collecting, sharing and leveraging data to achieve our shared goals:
- Outcomes measurement
- Demonstrating ROI
- Effective storytelling with data
- Leveraging data in service planning
- Privacy and data stewardship
IMPROVING CLIENT SERVICES
Providing high-quality, accessible services to our unique and diverse communities:
- Improving equity and supporting diverse populations
- Innovative and effective approaches to improving quality and access to human services across all service areas
- Coordinating / partnering with community service providers
- Trauma-informed practices
- Human service integration: linking provincial and municipal efforts
Staying ahead of the curve on key changes affecting our sector:
The above list represents topics of particular interest to OMSSA’s members. Additional topics of interest to the broader human services sector will also be considered.
Looking for ideas on sessions that delegates have enjoyed in the past? See what happened at our 2019 conference
- EarlyON System Transformation
- Employment Transformation / shifting towards Life Stabilization
- ODSP: Preparing for possible changes
- Community Housing Renewal / Reviewing Service Level Standards
- Ontario Health Teams: implications for human services
- Change management, organizational agility, and lean planning
Submission Process and Deadline
Please complete and submit your proposal to email@example.com
by Friday, February 14, 2020
. More details are available in the proposal submission form below.
Access the Proposal Submission Form
What is OMSSA Exchange?
“OMSSA Exchange” is our new and updated take on OMSSA's flagship annual conference, formerly known as the Leadership Symposium. The new name reflects the fact that it’s the sharing of knowledge and exchange of ideas that helps propel our sector forward to achieve our shared goals.
What’s new about this conference?
Building on the success of some of our more interactive recent events, OMSSA Exchange will feature:
more opportunities for knowledge-exchange and two-way dialogue
“think tanks” for collaborative problem-solving on shared challenges
structured networking to build unexpected connections and contacts
The conference will continue to be the premier networking and professional development opportunity for Ontario’s human services sector, including the things our delegates value most:
in-depth breakout sessions
a chance to recognize and celebrate our sector’s success stories at the OMSSA Awards Banquet
opportunities to learn about the host community’s unique approaches