Finance Supervisor, Accounts (Kenora District Services Board)
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire a Finance Supervisor - Accounts
located in Dryden, Ontario
to join our Finance team. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, professional development, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance, the Finance Supervisor - Accounts will provide oversight within accounting processes to ensure compliance with and application of related legislation and KDSB policies and directives. This position will also work closely with management to ensure data integrity and strong financial performance of programs is maintained.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Maintaining financial records, including general ledger account maintenance, preparation and input of adjusting entries, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, and comparison of expense accounts to approved budgets.
- Completing accurate monthly reconciliations for all bank accounts and assisting with the annual audit.
- Ensuring completion and accuracy of accounts receivable and accounts payable records.
- Liaising with managers to clarify and resolve issues, provide financial information and updates, and respond to inquiries.
- Providing training to management responsible for approving accounts payable and receivable records.
- Supervise, mentor and monitor performance of staff, ensuring accurate and timely processing of general ledger functions.
- Supporting the payroll functions in the absence of the Finance Supervisor – Payroll & Benefits.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Extensive knowledge, training and experience in public sector financial reporting methods as they pertain to provincially funded social services.
- General knowledge, training and experience in payroll and human resource principles and practices with emphasis on applying multiple collective agreements and payroll related legislation.
- Ability to perform calculations accurately and quickly, carry out assigned projects to their completion and work under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Excellent computer skills in order to use financial and administrative software.
- Strong organizational skills, high level of initiative and the ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with management, employees, Board members, the public, and government and community agencies.
QUALIFICATIONS WILL INCLUDE:
- Successful completion of a post-secondary education program in Business Accounting and/or Finance.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience, one (1) of which must be in a supervisory capacity.
- A valid Ontario Class G (or equivalent) driver’s license.
Along with an excellent benefit package and participation in the OMERS pension plan, we offer a salary ranging from $79,827.12 - $91,180.41 per annum.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail. This posting will remain open until filled.
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.