Social Services Outreach Worker (City of Stratford)
||Social Services/Ontario Works
||Manager of Ontario Works
||Friday November 1, 2019 @ 4:30 pm
- Reporting to the Manager of Ontario Works, the Social Services Outreach Worker provides or advocates for services and supports necessary to assists tenants to maintain housing and prevent eviction, and improve quality of life (medical, financial, legal, social). Act as a Services system resources to other agencies. Make referrals in crisis situations and in emergency issues to assist clients.
- Interview clients and assess eligibility for support or service being requested.
- Use communication skills to support clients through sensitive issues i.e. life skills, mental health, homelessness, addictions, legal matters, pest infestations.
- Obtain appropriate information/documentation in order to assess situation.
- Conduct home visits to ensure the health and safety of tenants
- Develop service plan and make required referrals for client.
- Interpret and apply applicable legislation
- Maintain working knowledge of various income security programs such as, but limited to CPP, EI, ODSP, OW and/or OAS.
- Maintain working knowledge of community resources.
- Maintain working knowledge of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Position requires excellent oral communication, written and interpersonal skills to respond to requests by letter, telephone, fax, email and in person adhering to corporate standards and in a professional manner.
- Develop and maintain records, reports and statistics on automated (YARDI, Property Management, SAMS) and other systems, necessary for program functioning, evaluation and funding
- Assists in maintaining a safe work environment.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Community College 2-year diploma in the Social Service Worker Program.
- Minimum 3-6 months related professional experience.
- Valid Driver’s Licence (Class G).
- Ability to use standard and specialized software/electronic operating systems.
Knowledge of or ability to learn and understand related provincial and municipal legislation, policies and procedures.
To apply for this position:
- Please submit a resume, clearly outlining your qualifications and experience, and quoting the job posting number.
- Applications can be submitted by email to email@example.com. Please do not submit duplicates.
- Please include the Job Posting Number in the message subject line. Attachments should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
are available for people with disabilities for all aspects of the recruitment process. Applicants should make their needs known in advance.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected in response to this advertisement is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 to determine eligibility for employment with the City of Stratford. Please direct inquiries to the Human Resources Department at 519-271-0250 x 274.