Program Analyst (Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services)
Bring your analytical, program design and project management skills to this exciting opportunity with the Social Assistance and Municipal Operations Branch, in the Business Technology Solutions Unit, to provide assurance to the ministry and the government that the delivery of social assistance programs is meeting performance objectives; legislative, regulatory and policy compliance; and effective stewardship of public funds.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this position, you will:
• Lead, coordinate and support research, development, planning, implementation and delivery of new or revised policy and program delivery frameworks;
• Research/analyze trends and directions, evaluate service/programs and delivery models, synthesize data, develop options and make recommendations that support senior management decision-making;
• Assist in the planning/development of information technology (IT) strategic and operational plans by assessing impacts and providing advice regarding best options and outcomes related to technological solutions;
• Develop business cases, project/planning documents and technical guides;
• Identify operational issues, develop options and recommendations and advocate changes to optimize program performance.
How do I qualify?
• You have expert knowledge of social assistance programs, policies, strategic directions, service delivery models, funding processes, and a proven ability to acquire and apply knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and policies
• You have strong knowledge of social assistance technologies, their application in the delivery of programs, analysis and development of business requirements to change or introduce new technologies to support program delivery
• You have strong knowledge of legislation governing information and information technology privacy and security, risk assessment policies and procedures and information sharing agreements
Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
• You have experience applying strategic and conceptual thinking to issues and impact analyses to contribute to the development of program and policy frameworks
• You have proven research and analytical skills to research, analyse, synthesize and interpret program/financial/technical data and provide feasible solutions and recommendations for corrective actions
• You have proven ability to identify and recommend technical solutions that conform to ministry I&IT policies and strategies
Project, Program Management Skills
• You have proven project and program management skills to implement and monitor large scale projects and initiatives
• You have proven program management skills to lead and implement operational policies, program standards; evaluate potential risks and make recommendations that have a direct impact on program and service delivery
Communication, Advisory and Presentation Skills
• You have demonstrated written communications skills to prepare reports, papers, briefing material, and make technical data user friendly
• You have proven advisory skills to provide advice and recommendations on program management issues/processes
• You have demonstrated presentation skills to present business/technical information to a broad range of stakeholders and training to service delivery staff
Facilitation, Consultation, Negotiation and Computer Skills
• You have demonstrated facilitation and consultation skills to facilitate working groups and provide program related advice to senior management
• You have proven negotiation skills to resolve conflicting interests and priorities with stakeholders
• You have a proven proficiency with computer technology to use word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project, and incident management software
$66,055 - $95,181 per year
- 5 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possibility of extension), 2 Bloor St W, Toronto, Toronto Region, General Screening Requirement
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service).
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, by Monday, September 16, 2019,
by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers
and entering Job ID 139566
in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx
to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code