Regional Directors, Central Region and West Region (Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services)
Two (2) Permanent
Salary: $130,930.00 - $164,930.00 per year
Location: Central and West Region
The Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services is working with transfer payment partners to foster integration and collaboration in communities and implement policy and funding decisions to promote better outcomes for children, youth, adults and their families through programs and services for people in need. The Regional Directors and their teams contribute to these goals by leading regional service delivery for programs in four Ministry divisions: Community Services, Children with Special Needs, Youth Justice and Child Welfare and Protection.
Are you a relationship builder and transformational leader with demonstrated experience in stewardship of the delivery of programs and services? If so, the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services is looking for a strategic leader, who will be responsible for effective regional leadership of diverse client-focussed social services. If you are up to the challenge of leading with an effective, efficient and outcomes-focussed approach to the delivery of services for children, youth and adults in Ontario, this is the position for you.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Provide leadership in improving outcomes for children, youth and adults receiving services from MCCSS.
- Direct and lead the delivery of a wide range of community-based and directly delivered programs and services in a large geographic Region.
- Collaborate with individuals, communities and delivery partners and provide leadership to ensure clients receive an integrated and clear path to services.
- Lead service system management to ensure the effective planning, delivery, accountability, and financial management of transfer payment programs.
- Ensure alignment of regional and local systems with government objectives for achieving value for money.
- Support and promote a productive, professional and welcoming team environment with leaders and staff who foster a culture of collaboration and create an inclusive, diverse, equitable and accessible workplace.
- Lead and promote business analytics and intelligence in supporting strategic direction, priority setting, policy development, service development and operational planning and program stewardship.
- Serve as a member of the Ministry leadership team, and the Management Committees of four ministry divisions.
How do I qualify?
Senior Strategic and Inclusive Senior Leadership
- You have demonstrated that you can successfully lead, plan, implement and provide oversight to a diverse range of programs and services, ideally through transfer payment partnerships.
- You have exceptional leaderships skills, based on a foundation of collaboration, inclusion, mentoring and customer service.
- You have demonstrated senior leadership expertise and experience to achieve effective and integrated service delivery.
- You have experience managing strategic and operational priorities and activities to contribute to the timely, efficient, and effective achievement of goals and objectives including financial, operational, issues management, human resources, and information management and reporting.
Stakeholder Management and Relationship Building
- You have experience building and fostering partnerships and have supported and strengthened community organizations.
- You have demonstrated leadership experience leading and supporting transformation objectives through strong partnerships with delivery agents.
- You have demonstrated successful stewardship to build and foster partnerships, relationships and networks within the community, to facilitate transformation in program and service delivery and ensure program accountability.
- You have superior communication, negotiation, and consultation skills to establish collaborative relationships and build consensus among a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- You have demonstrated senior leadership experience in organizational change to improve service delivery.
- You are an experienced senior leader and can foster an inclusive, innovative and high-performing workplace culture where new ideas are valued, and team members are empowered to be their best.
- You can proactively identify opportunities to improve service delivery effectiveness to improve user outcomes and program efficiencies.
- You have demonstrated ability to leverage networks inside and outside the Ontario Public Service to drive change and innovation.
Issues Management and Political Acuity
- You have proven success in dealing with and responding to many highly visible, complex and sensitive issues that involve the application of legislation and policy.
- You have a track record of delivering results within a complex and politically sensitive environment.
- You have experience using your exceptional communication skills and political acuity along with demonstrated expertise in briefing senior officials and political staff.
Note: Applicants are to identify the region(s) for which they wish to be considered. Each successful candidate will be required to work in a location within the region for which they are selected. Frequent travel throughout the Region and to Toronto will be required.
Please apply online, only, by Friday, September 6, 2019, by visiting http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=137997. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Executive Recruitment Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.