Administrative Assistant to the Director of Social Services (City of Stratford)
Job Posting: 60-2019
Department/Division: Social Services
Reporting to: Director of Social Services
Annual Salary: $60,619 - $70,916
Closing Date/Time: Friday, August 23, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
- This position provides confidential administrative support to the Director of Social Services in the effective delivery of Social Service programs and supports in Stratford, St. Marys and Perth County. The Administrative Assistant to the Director of Social Services supervises Clerk Secretary II positions providing administrative and clerical support for the management team responsible for oversight and delivery of department divisions and services including Anne Hathaway Daycare, Child Care, Housing, Perth & Stratford Housing Corporation, Ontario Works and Community Emergency Response Planning.
- Delivers administrative support to the Director related to project, program, budget, staffing and calendar management functions.
- Assists in the creation and retention of confidential and non-confidential correspondence, reports, meeting records, service contracts and other related documents.
- Monitors incoming Provincial, Corporate, Service Provider, client or other communications for distribution and/or follow-up.
- Supports the Director and Management team in the preparation and submission of internal and external reports (Corporate, City Council, Municipal Liaison Committee, Provincial Ministries, other) and in accordance with mandated and other reporting requirements.
- Oversees departmental administrative support services including answering and/or redirecting phone calls, e-mail and correspondence, electronic and paper records/file retention and maintenance, meeting and event coordination (i.e. conferences, annual community Income Tax Clinic), internal and external reporting, office supply and equipment purchasing and repair, maintenance of department inventories, payroll processing, staff training and related records, community Emergency Service Plans and related documents, and other related administrative functions as required.
- Serves as Commissioner of Oaths for the Social Services Department.
- Complies with all workplace Health and Safety (H&S) Policies and Procedures including but not limited to: attend and participate in all H&S training and education activities; identify and report all H&S risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and damage and ensure all activities are carried out in a safe manner including the proper use of all assigned personal protective equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Community College Diploma (2 year) in Office Administration
- Minimum 1-3 years related professional experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills including Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint;
- Ability to use specialized software including ICreate and Escribe
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision of clerical and administrative staff and functions
- Knowledge of provincial policies and directives as related to Consolidated Municipal Service Manager and social service delivery functions
- Excellent written and oral comprehension and expression
- Strong records management and recording abilities, including Emergency Management Scribe functions
- Ability to work effectively within various teams
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of service delivery area (Stratford, St. Marys, Perth County)
To apply for this position:
- Please submit a resume, clearly outlining your qualifications and experience, and quoting the job posting number.
- Applications can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit duplicates.
- Please include the Job Posting Number in the message subject line. Attachments should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Accommodations are available for people with disabilities for all aspects of the recruitment process. Applicants should make their needs known in advance.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information collected in response to this advertisement is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 to determine eligibility for employment with the City of Stratford. Please direct inquiries to the Human Resources Department at 519-271-0250 x 274.