Supervisor of Social Services (City of Stratford)
Supervisor of Social Services
Job Posting: 59-2019
- Reporting to the Manager of Ontario Works, the Supervisor of Social Services supervises, guides and directs staff in the daily operations and delivery of Ontario Works in Stratford, St. Marys and Perth County.
- Supervise the daily work of staff, operations and service delivery in accordance with corporate and legislative requirements/standards, including client intake, placement, related record keeping and reporting, complaint resolution, legislative compliance, oversight of Social Assistance Management System (SAMS) and other related Service Manager functions and responsibilities including delivery of the Community Homelessness Prevention Initiative.
- Direct, guide and advise staff on service delivery and operational matters, consulting/advising management as required.
- Act as lead technical resource for SAMS, including training, development and implementation.
- Monitor, revise and implement division operating procedures as required. · Participate in the resolution of non-routine matters and operational issues, including client complaints and emergency housing as required.
- Assist Manager and staff in the creation, delivery and monitoring of Ontario Works strategies and initiatives.
- Ensure Provincial Ministries and Corporate financial, statistical and other reports are produced in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review financial reports and budget development.
- Assist employees in establishment and achievement of annual goals, and complete annual performance reviews.
- Comply with all applicable Health and Safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate University Degree in Public Administration, Social Services or Business.
- Minimum 1-3 years related professional experience.
- Valid Driver’s Licence (Class G).
- Extensive knowledge of provincial legislation including but not limited to the Ontario Works Act and related regulations, Housing Services Act, Residential Tenancies Act and related initiatives such as Ontario’s Long Term Affordable Housing Strategy.
- Maintains expertise and ensure staff proficiency and compliance, in required areas of provincial legislation, directive, municipal policies and local procedures.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Experience working within Ontario Works program sector, including the supervision of front line staff, training and Social Services operations an asset
- Strong working knowledge of process and performance measures, quality assurance and continuous improvement implementation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and SAMS.
- Experience with the Ministry of Community and Social Services and other provincial reporting systems an asset.
- Excellent written and oral comprehension and expression.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel within Service Manager area and attend regional/provincial networking meetings as required.
- Ability to respond to after-hours inquiries and situations as required.
Department/Division: Social Services/Ontario Works
Reporting to: Manager of Ontario Works
Annual Salary: $74,639 - $87,318.
Closing Date/Time: Friday August 23, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
To apply for this position:
- Please submit a resume, clearly outlining your qualifications and experience, and quoting the job posting number.
- Applications can be submitted by email to email@example.com. Please do not submit duplicates.
- If applying by email, please include the Job Posting Number in the message subject line. Attachments should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Accommodations are available for people with disabilities for all aspects of the recruitment process. Applicants should make their needs known in advance.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information collected in response to this advertisement is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 to determine eligibility for employment with the City of Stratford. Please direct inquiries to the Human Resources Department at 519-271-0250 x 274.