Change Management Advisor (Region of Halton)
||Social and Community Services Department
||Human Services Planning & Program Support
||Change Management Advisor
This is a permanent full-time position working 35 hours per week.
It’s an exciting time to join Halton Region!
We are committed to the delivery of high quality services in support of making Halton Region a great place to live, work and play. We are a supportive, challenging and rewarding place to work where you will be recognized for your accomplishments and contributions, and encouraged to grow and succeed in your career.
If you are looking for a role where you can partner with all areas of our organization to support business improvement initiatives and contribute to the continuous improvement of our programs and services for Halton residents, we want to hear from you.
||At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The Social and Community Services Department is changing the way services are delivered to support the continued transformation of human services. Reporting to the Manager of Human Services Planning and Program Support, the Change Management Advisor works across the department on priority projects and leads change management for priority initiatives and programs.
The Change Management Advisor will play a key role in ensuring projects (change initiatives) meet objectives by focusing on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. The primary responsibilities will be creating, implementing and monitoring change management strategies, improving the client experience, improving business processes and creating efficiencies across the department.
The Change Management Advisor will also support senior leaders to fulfill their role of change sponsor as well as provide direct support and coaching to frontline program managers and supervisors. The Change Management Advisor will also support project teams to integrate change management activities into project plans throughout the project lifecycle.
The successful candidate will have a Master’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Planning or Social Sciences or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a municipal or provincial public policy development sector, with responsibilities in leading complex projects, business process improvement initiatives and program/policy development. Change Management designation (e.g., PROSCI) and Project Management Professional (PMP) designation from a recognized institution or equivalent management/leadership experience in a relevant area is preferred. The successful incumbent will have experience and knowledge in change management principles, methodologies and tools including a solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process. Proven ability to deliver change efforts in a complex or large organization and expert knowledge of project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle is essential. Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences, establish and maintain strong relationships, influence others and move toward a common vision or goal is required. Highly developed oral and written communication skills, effective report writing and presentation delivery, along with demonstrated analytical skills in optimizing business processes and identifying options and recommendations. Advanced research, analytical, problem solving, active listening and communication skills are required. A strong sense of political acuity and business acumen with experience in a municipal or other government setting would also be considered an asset. Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with others. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, MS Project, Visio and Eclipse would be an asset.
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Records Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening by the first day of employment. Travel will be required, incumbent must provide their own transportation. The incumbent will be required to provide a copy of their driver’s license by their first day of employment.
- Align, drive and monitor strategic Social and Community Services initiatives to support business transformation that improves service and creates efficiencies, including implementation of business processes and technology.
- Manage and/or participate as a team member on strategic business improvement projects consisting of resources such as subject matter experts across the department, other Regional departments, externally contracted consultants and vendor representatives.
- Develop and implement change management strategies in collaboration with senior management for departmental projects in the context of modernization and transformation of service delivery.
- Apply a structured methodology using leading practices in change management, project management and business improvements.
- Define change management requirements for departmental initiatives in consultation with clients and key stakeholders, and determine focus, scope, objectives, methodology, activities and timing.
- Receive and evaluate work requests with a department perspective and assigns appropriately as well as maintain quality control and timeliness of work.
- Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities.
- Recommend and implement change solutions and service improvements to support the implementation of new structures, processes, tools and any other changes affecting the Social and Community Services department.
- Provide client-driven, value-added management consulting and strategic advice on the development and delivery of departmental projects that support the achievement of the Region’s corporate strategic plan.
- Develop, support, engage and coach departmental staff, including senior management, in the use of change management principles, tools and techniques.
- Utilize data analytics and business intelligence to inform change initiatives, measure success and monitor change progress.
- Supervise and coach staff responsible for change initiatives.
Apply Online at: Halton Job Postings
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
||July 3, 2019
||July 17, 2019
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.