Project Manager (Up to 24 Months Contract) Job ID #844 (City of Brantford)
Reporting to the Supervisor of Support Services, the Project Manager is responsible for managing and leading the implementation of HIFIS 4. The HIFIS 4 system is a web-based shared information system designed for daily operational use by organizations providing services to persons who find themselves in situations of homelessness and/or marginalized housing. This role is accountable for ensuring that projects are delivered through the effective and efficient use of financial and staff resources.
Managing projects in a variety of staff resource configurations, or working as a sole contributor, the Project Manager is accountable for ensuring that assigned projects are delivered within the framework, on schedule, within costs, while identifying any associated risks. Providing leadership, guidance, technical competence, innovative problem solving, and effective teamwork, the Project Manager will use a “best practices” approach in seeking new methods, systems, research and analysis to support continuous improvement in the delivery of services and actively participate in issue resolution and information sharing as part of the Health and Human Services management team.
The HIFIS 4 Project Manager will develop and sustain working relationships with key stakeholders in the community that are using or are interested in using current or previous versions of HIFIS to collect data to be used locally to guide the strategic planning process for homelessness and to provide the federal government with shelter data exports. In addition, the HIFIS 4 Project Manager will promote, co-ordinate, provide training, and oversee the implementation and ongoing administration of HIFIS 4 in shelters and service providers.
- Successful completion of a University degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field, with a focus on research, analytical data collection and program evaluation.
- Preference will be given to candidates with additional education and/or training in Community Development/Leadership, Project Management and Program Evaluation.
- Minimum two years' experience in conducting increasingly complex reporting, analytics, and problem solving in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Work experience must include extensive project management and contract administration experience in planning, coordinating, designing and constructing, complex, multidisciplinary projects in a municipal environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of homelessness issues in the City of Brantford and County of Brant and specific knowledge of the Municipal sector is an asset.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to issues related to homelessness, affordable housing, poverty, not-for-profit operations, and social justice is an asset.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, facilitation skills and presentation skills and the ability to work with very tight deadlines with competing priorities.
- Ability to challenge, lead, engage and inspire others to excel in an environment that fosters innovative approaches to problem-resolution.
- Project and/or process management skills and experience with the ability to manage external relationships (both clients and organizational partners) and demonstrated ability to deliver to targets, with the ability to communicate and motivate users on both technical and non-technical levels regarding data collection, analysis and interpretation.
- Superior analytical, communication, technological and problem-solving abilities; ability to exercise a high level of independence, integrity and confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of data extraction and analysis.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite and Social Media platforms is essential.
- Working knowledge of Crystal Reports software is an asset.
- Possess a valid Class G driver's license in good standing and access to a vehicle is required for travel.
- As a condition of employment, candidates must submit a current Police Clearance Certificate (dated within the last three months) from their local police service for approval by the Corporation.
$71,199.00 to $88,999.00 per annum (based on 35 hour week) with benefits.
To apply on-line, please visit the City of Brantford website at https://brantford.ca
and click on Jobs and Volunteering and Current Opportunities
. Closing date for applications: Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance